• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Camso DTS 129 Install 2006 KTM 300XC

B
Mar 10, 2018
Hey guys I recently purchased a camso dts 129. I have one question for you. Have any of you ever installed a camso on a ktm with the PDS style rear suspension aka attached to the swingarm/ not linkage setup? I'm asking because I purchased a camso and I went to install it on my 2006 KTM 300xc and I couldn't finish it because the strut rod has a mad angle to it and the sprockets don't line up :( I'm asking around to see if anyone knows the answer to solve this question because I'm stumped. the dealer assured me that this was the only fit kit that camso recommends for my style if bike. I think I'm going to have to fabricate a bracket on the left side of the frame to run a bolt in on the left side instead of the right. I haven't seen any camso kits mounted to my style of KTM anywhere hence why I'm posting asking for help. Thanks in advance!

IMG_20191214_221425894.jpg IMG_0538.jpg

M
Jan 14, 2004
I run Camso kits currently. I also had a TS on my PDS KTM. The strut rod on the PDS bike sits at a whacked out angle. With the TS kit its no big deal but with the fixed end on the Camso rod its a bit different. While I haven't installed a Camso kit on my KTM my understanding is that you loosen the fixed end, attach the rod to the bike then tighten the bottom up and let er buck. As for the sprockets no lining up, somethings wrong there either the spacers are in wrong or you have the wrong spacers.

E
Dec 19, 2007
I put a camso on an 06 300 last year it worked fine. the rod will be crooked so just ignore it. The chain line should be real close by eye if not the bushings must be wrong nothing to do with the strut.

Premium Features