• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 m8000 electric start add on?

M
Oct 23, 2013
Hello, i am considering adding electric start to my sled, a 2017 m8000.
i want to keep the stock muffler, has anyone had experience with a oil
injection delete kit with a cover for the chaincase and new oil tank? is there any problems
with removing the stock oil injection tank like strength issues or anything else?
it seems with the delete kit my battery might fit where the original tank was
thanks for any info.

Arctictwist

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 17, 2022
Michigan
Hello, i am considering adding electric start to my sled, a 2017 m8000.
i want to keep the stock muffler, has anyone had experience with a oil
injection delete kit with a cover for the chaincase and new oil tank? is there any problems
with removing the stock oil injection tank like strength issues or anything else?
it seems with the delete kit my battery might fit where the original tank was
thanks for any info.
I put my Battery a handgun case right behind the seat. It's lockable and out of the way. I wanted it by the muffler, but I would have had to update muffler to make room. The ES was costly enough and the location I chose works great. it's a few extra pounds so the battery in the back seems to balance the sled out nice.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
We added one by using an antigravity battery, mounted it on right front pillar under fuse box above and right of ecu.
Works great.

Arctictwist

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 17, 2022
Michigan
Look at the attached photos in the reply to me from last year on a 2016 M800 ES addition. You may be able to do as the pictures show. Awesome way he did I it.

Premium Features