• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 M1100T bog down at 6k rpms

E
Mar 12, 2023
Calgary Alberta
Hey guys,

I picked up a 2012 M1100 turbo that the guy said has a small issue.. I got a good deal on it and figured it would be something simple. It seems to run pretty decent (I haven't taken it to the mountains as I want to make sure it's dialed in and running great first). Took it around my property and it wouldn't go much above 5k rpm. I decided to change the fuel filter and I checked the plugs. They looked brand new but the gap was over 030. I gapped them down to about 025 (as I had read is the sweet spot since this has the evo 215hp tune). Took it out and it reved up to about 6800 first rip then next time it would bog around 6k rpms.. I decided to regap around 020 and again first rip went hard to about 7600-7800 (somewhere in there) then my next rip it was losing power around 6k rpms.

This tends to make me think maybe it is a coil issue or something since the first run always seems to be pretty good but then after that it seems to bog down around 6k rpms.

Curious if anyone has seen something similar before and has any tests I can run to narrow down the problem?

Thanks hoping to get this sorted out so I can retire one of my 08 m1000s

E
Mar 12, 2023
Calgary Alberta
Just thinking it could possibly be a FPR as well? Any thoughts on this and anyone know a part number or replacement should this be the case?

I am not leaning fully towards this as the sled does run perfect up to 5-6k rpms then just loses power.

Thanks

E
Mar 12, 2023
Calgary Alberta
Just an update. I got my snowmobile lift delivered last night and threw it together and got the sled up in the air (doesn't work quite as well as I expected with the long track). I started it and reved the sled up to about 7500-8k rpms with no issues but without it being under load it didn't seem to build boost. I didn't feel very comfortable letting the track spin up to speed on the lift so only did it a couple times.

Thank you

J
Jul 21, 2022
USA
Hey guys,

I picked up a 2012 M1100 turbo that the guy said has a small issue.. I got a good deal on it and figured it would be something simple. It seems to run pretty decent (I haven't taken it to the mountains as I want to make sure it's dialed in and running great first). Took it around my property and it wouldn't go much above 5k rpm. I decided to change the fuel filter and I checked the plugs. They looked brand new but the 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 gap was over 030. I gapped them down to about 025 (as I had read is the sweet spot since this has the evo 215hp tune). Took it out and it reved up to about 6800 first rip then next time it would bog around 6k rpms.. I decided to regap around 020 and again first rip went hard to about 7600-7800 (somewhere in there) then my next rip it was losing power around 6k rpms.

This tends to make me think maybe it is a coil issue or something since the first run always seems to be pretty good but then after that it seems to bog down around 6k rpms.

Curious if anyone has seen something similar before and has any tests I can run to narrow down the problem?

Thanks hoping to get this sorted out so I can retire one of my 08 m1000s
do you have some photos of it ?

Premium Features