• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 zx 800 Ton's of Extras

T
Dec 2, 2007
Gillette Wy
I have a zx that i just built from the ground up started with a acid washed bulkhead looks new then put on a CMX tunnel with powder boards.Stretched the chaincase rolling down and back to clear 10 tooth extro's drivers.New HYVO chain and sprockets geared at 21/47 also had brake disc machined for venting and 1lb.lighter for the rotating mass.Had jackshaft cut with 1/4"keyway to use arctic cat secondary or the stock secondary clutch.Also built a modified CMX lightweight u-cooler along with a gutted thermostat and a CMX rear bumper.Rear suspension is a Polaris lightweight by Holz Products with ZBROZ remote resevoir clicker shocks just rebuilt front spring on skid is titanium.Skid has 10''billet big wheels mounted inside rails also has billet upper idlers and hiperfax hifax.Rear rails are 141''and with 10 tooth extros and 10''big wheels i am running a 159''camoplast 2'' track bought from CMX with there track drilling already done making track lighter and roll much easier.Stock seat was made 2'' taller by removing cover and adding foam shaped with a grinder looking as good as stock.Handelbars have a 2'' fiser and Fabcraft 4'' bars steering post was moved 11/2''forward to move rider forward all the way to the footwells.Has lefty's lefthand throttle which uses a dual cable kit not a cable going to the other throttle.Has stock gutted hood with screen where the tach and speedo were allowing tons of fresh air incoming above airbox intake.Front trailing arms are Alternative Impact lightweight with aluminum center section.Also has Holeshot skid plate and USI skis with carbide wearbars.Now on to the engine it has a new top-end with SPI pistons shaved head and porting by Lowell Horning at 2-strokeporting.com he is the builder of the world record watercraft speed holder.Lowell is an incredible builder who has vast experience with sleds and watercraft he is also listed on totallyamaha's website for engine work.He did a fairly mild port and polish while putting windows in the pistons and fixing the flow problems with the series III 800.I installed 1/4'' reedspacers pulling reeds out of the intake ports making a big difference.This sled is lightweight and for a 01 the rider position and power make it a newer feeling sled but still not as forward riding style as the rev.The whole sled has 4 rides since completion in early january.I am in a crappy position being badly injured while visiting a chiropractor and have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder.I am going to have surgery and wont be able to operate my welding/fab shop so i gotta get some operating capitol to hire some help and try to stay afloat for recovery.The sled is in Victor Montana and i am looking to get 4000$OBO.I have alot more in it but its gotta go p.m. me if interested.

shrunk.JPG shrunk1.JPG e.JPG

pauly-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
SILVER STAR,MT
01 doo

looks nice,does it run on pump gas?what is on the hood where the light use to be?...twin pipes or single?

Last edited:
Premium Features