• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 door bronco

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
new broncos are hard to come by....but i have a chance to get a new two door Badlands with Sasquatch package.....my question is ....is the short wheelbase safe on icy roads, i've seen a few shortbase jeeps in the ditch (and worse)....seems like they would swap ends pretty easy on slick/slushy roads....i normally drive pickups, but would love the off-road capability of the short Bronco, but not at the expense of a wreck due to instability of short wheelbase on ice....maybe some of you have some insight that might help....

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Buddy in high school had one.
We called it UhOh.
Icy roads, gravel roads, off camber trails, that thing knew how to flip.
Was lucky enough we’d usually just flip him back with a few more scars to run down the road.

rabidsnowmobiler

Lifetime Membership
May 27, 2011
Do it!!! My wife has a 2-door Wildtrack and it's so fun to drive! Not as stable as today's crew cab pickups in slick conditions but I also wouldn't consider driving it in icy conditions a risk. Just need to remember what you're driving. I'm a truck guy at heart; been daily driving pickups for the past 30 years, and my wife's Bronco is the first of her vehicles that's made me double take as I walk to my truck every morning!

Premium Features