• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1/30/2016 Butte Meadows Poker Run

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
Hey all,

Save a spot on your calendar 1/30/2016 for the Butte Meadows Hillsliders Poker Run.

Working up some sponsorship level details. Here's what I need from you all -
1. Snow Dance (Mad Pow Disease) Style

2. Get Sleds, Trailers and Decks Serviced

3. Save your Christmas (Holiday) money

4. Join a club or pay your dues to yours

I'll post more details soon. Hope to see a ridiculous number of you on the mountain this year.

Stay Safe

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
So the Poker Run is about a month away. We'd love to see you on the 30th January.

Would you like to help? We like help. If you would like to put a flyer or two up in your neck of the wood, I'll get you one. Please feel free to pass information along through social media. Perhaps you'd like to donate cash or prizes? Let me know, and much appreciated.

I'll have more info about sponsorship, donations and recognition later this week.

Thanks for reading

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
I have flyers, but I'm a dope and can't make them load on here.

I you would like one to put up in you business or somewhere in the community, please email me

sjgfarming@yahoo.com

and I'll send you a file.

I also have sponsor levels of $500, $250, $100 that you can pay or donate merch and get different levels of recognition and swag.

Please get a hold of me if you have any questions. I have info from Bucks and LaPorte about dates of their runs, but if you are reading this and from Almanor, please let me know your date so we can promote it at our run on the 30th

TTFN

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
Hillsliders club meeting tomorrow 1/13/16 at 6:30pm at The End Zone on Cohasset Rd in Chico

This will be the last meeting before the poker run. Please, if you'd like to help for an hour or two, donate a prize or two or cut a check for a sponsorship, the sooner the better.

Thanks

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
It is on. Likely you'll need to drop your sleds off at snowpark, and park in Butte Meadows. Snow is very sketchy at Butte Meadows. We will have shuttles running continuously to and fro, so don't sweat it.

Please don't park along Humboldt road below snowpark. It'll just make traffic a PITA. You can register Friday evening at Outpost, if you happen to be in the area.

Looking forward to seeing everyone up there.

TTFN

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
Went up on a little club business this afternoon. There IS snow at the Jonesville Snow Park. There has been grooming. There will be route marking on Friday. There will be a Poker Run on Saturday.

We got groomed trails. We got cocoa, cider, coffee. We got cookies. We got poker hands. We got food. We got raffle prizes. Outpost has the bar. We'll have shuttles to get people to and fro the snow park, once it is full. You got to come and get it on.

Like every club, there are a core group that make this all happen - so come join us and not only make it worth our while, but you while. We are all in the snowmobile game together and support each and on another builds our favorite avocation.

See you up the hill. Let's go ride, raise some money, then maybe act a bit a fool (albeit safely). I'll be there come hell or......well high whatever. You don't tell a 7 and 3 year old "we're going sledding"....and not do it.

I'm callin' any of you lurkers out to come join us this Sat. Y'all been lookin' and not a one of you has been postin'. So save the trouble carpal strain from trying to go all "Mavis Beacon" on that ****ty narrow Ipad keyboard. Clean those carbs. Check to make sure you got a 2016 sticker on your tunnel. Top off that (insert name of synthetic oil) level in your oil tank. Go to the ATM, Fire Safe or closest couch cushion - grab a fist full of kaeish. Then flip up your tow mirrors, throw the door closed on your enclosed or strap down your rigs on the sled deck. Stomp down on the right side pedal and roll some coal up the hill.

TTFN

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
It is done.

Great time on the hill.

Super BIG Thank You to JAdams for help on friday. My friend, you went way beyond. Thank you so much.

To everyone else, in the club and participants, thanks for making the event a good time.

Prep yourselves everyone, Bucks Lake is next Saturday.

See you all next year!

Premium Features