• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 m8 stage 2 SLP

OK I’m running a 2007 M8 153 with a RK-TEK 38/34 helix with the stage two full SLP kit With two maps on my PC5 bikeman&speedwerx At a flick of a switch. has vforce 3 reeds,1.5 degree timing key,full slp exhaust,bdx torsional conversion kit in the secondary clutch Just trying to figure out what kind of power I’m producing if anybody else is running a similar set up. I’m really trying to find out what the hp etc Each tune produces. I bought this sled built this way from a guy who works for cat. But he never answers so here I am lol

EC6B59CA-B108-41E2-B2BB-3A470919964E.png AEC45451-DB62-4CDB-904A-55AC99D96BFC.jpeg 8854F281-AB43-49BD-9646-9AF15F851440.jpeg 95F3809A-3323-4F07-862F-7CEAA3F926E5.jpeg

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
You are going to be +10hp for the pipe alone. With the other stuff, you might be another 5 on the high side. That is sea level. Elevation drops everything of course. But that pipe and good clutching were not necessarily all about raw HP. If it is dialed, it will pull hard into the midrange and hold RPMs all day and be torquey no matter where and what you are on. Worked well through a large elevation range. And I can tell you right now, that the plastic rollers in that clutch are junk and do not roll well and do affect shifting efficiency...so you are throwing away HP. Get some rock rollers and dial that secondary. You will get great up and backshifting and it will pull the way it was designed to. Also, that weight on the primary may be off-center. double check your O-rings and make sure the rollers aren't going out. And clean those clutches.

You are going to be +10hp for the pipe alone. With the other stuff, you might be another 5 on the high side. That is sea level. Elevation drops everything of course. But that pipe and good clutching were not necessarily all about raw HP. If it is dialed, it will pull hard into the midrange and hold RPMs all day and be torquey no matter where and what you are on. Worked well through a large elevation range. And I can tell you right now, that the plastic rollers in that clutch are junk and do not roll well and do affect shifting efficiency...so you are throwing away HP. Get some rock rollers and dial that secondary. You will get great up and backshifting and it will pull the way it was designed to. Also, that weight on the primary may be off-center. double check your O-rings and make sure the rollers aren't going out. And clean those clutches.
Thank you for some info
Thanks for the info I’ll definitely be getting on the phone and trying to figure some **** out I’m thinking everything should be lined up in perfect other than getting rid of that plastic rollers the dude who built it works for arctic cat

If your running SLP, THEY should be able to tell you, if they can't, well then that's not good. That also means that they are not standing behind their products. Call them.
Just give them the modifications and they should be able to do it someone else I said call BDX since I have their torsional conversion kit etc. Fairly new to the mountain world I’ve always used already set up sleds of my friends.
And then I jump into a sled that’s got random **** into it which it all seems amazing down here at sea level. But alien ****ing world getting it ready for the mountain LOL. The guy who built it works for our cat and is a power tech. And he built it for the up.

Premium Features