• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 rmk 900 won’t keep prime

C
Dec 29, 2019
I’m having a problem with my RMK 900 the fuel system will not keep a prime. If I apply 12 V to the plug for the fuel pump to prime it for about 15 seconds at fires right up. if I do not prime it like that it takes 15 to 20 pulls for it to fire I checked all the vent lines and found a hose off of the regulator in the fuel tank I put that back on and zip tied it in place so It cannot fall off primed it for 15 seconds and it fired right up shut it off came back to it four hours later and had to pull the living hell out of it again any ideas?

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
This is from the useful 900/755 RMK/Switchback links on this forum.

"Sometimes the check valves in the fuel pumps aren't the best and the residual pressure in the injector hoses bleeds back... a bit of residual pressure is what makes the CFI sled easy to start as all that needs to happen is to have the injectors "fire" and then it starts up energising the stator fully, and spinning the fuel pump up to pressure."

It sounds like a new fuel pump might be the only cure.

Premium Features