• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Indy Specialties900 Polaris Crankshaft info

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
I just wanted to point a few things out that is not well knowen about my Billet 900 cranks.

There is one REALLY BIG difference between my crank and Polairs crank other then being much stronger, much smoother and a year warranty.

My crank is completely rebuildable, and once you own one you NEVER have to buy another one.

And you have many option you may not even know.

1 - Even if you have already purchased and own a Torque master II with a OEM sized PTO -end 30mm, Long after your warranty is over you have earned the right to buy PTO-Ends only at whole sale prices ( These Parts are NOT forsale to anyone except Torque Master owners. )
2. You can choose to upgrage to a bigger PTO - end at any time.
3. Best for last - There is a Newly designed Torque Master PRO-IV soon to be released. with a 5 year warranty on the PTO-END.
4 . The good news is, ALL 900 Torque Master II's & III's sold to date can be converted to the Torque Master PRO-IV 35mm PTO -anytime in the future should you deside you want to upgrade.
5. Prices on upgrade parts can not be posted do to the fact, That only Torque Master owners qualify for them.

The 35 MM TORQUE MASTER PRO-IV is an absolute MONSTER !!!!

PICTURES AND PRICES SOON TO BE RELEASED.

ALL 35 MM PARTS ARE COMPLETED. WE ARE ONLY OFFERNG 10 OF THESE THIS YEAR.

This crank was not designed to 35mm because I think it was needed,
The 33 MM Torque Master III is Awesome. !!

It was designed because Arctic Cat builds a GREAT 35mm Drive Clutch for their ZR 1000 that is on the market and the Drive clutches are easy to buy.

Reason to Build..........- Just Because I wanted to, And the 900 Polaris Motor is one of the most power production motors of its size ever built.

Thanks, Dan

Last edited:
H
Nov 26, 2007
gillette, WY
wow dan you put so much time and money into these 900's, i dont think there are to many guys out there that would do this kind of stuff with a sled built for only two years. i own a 05 900 with about 1800 miles on it had slp redo the crank last summer becase the owner before me blew a belt and got some belt pieces stuck behind the clutch and pushed in the seal and ran that bearing alittle lean. so ill probally go for your crank sooner or latter. so thanks for all your hard work.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
TTT for anyone wanting the fattest crank possbile for a 900..would be a sight to see thats for sure..

Dan.
1. Whats something like this one cost?

2. What cranks kits do you offer/with price..(i.e. TM-1, TM-II, TM-III, TM-IV)?

3. Whats your turn around time this time of year, and do you have pre-season deals?

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
guidoxpress;

TTT for anyone wanting the fattest crank possbile for a 900..would be a sight to see thats for sure..

Dan.
1. Whats something like this one cost?

2. What cranks kits do you offer/with price..(i.e. TM-1, TM-II, TM-III, TM-IV)?

3. Whats your turn around time this time of year, and do you have pre-season deals?

Good questions.

What is offered at this time is both the 800 & 900 Torque Master III

800 TM III is a completely Blue printed Crank & Crankcase with a 5 year warranty, It has a Custom made 33mm PTO-end and comes with a new drive clutch. $1695.00 Soon to be a price increase.

900 TM III is a completely Blue printed Crank & Crankcase with a 3 year warranty, It has a Custom made 33mm PTO-end, And Custom made Mag - end. and comes with a new drive clutch. $2495.00 Warranty on the 900 may go to the 5 year also, If I do go the 5 year on the 900 there will be a price increase.

I am trying to keep the prices as reasonable as I can and still make these cranks worth building.

I am also offering the TM I which is a very basic PTO-end Mod using the OEM Polaris crank......Cost $500.00

Dan

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
EXCELLENT SERVICE. thanks for the fast reply..

the 5yr TMII for the 900 is remarkable..

quick question on the TMI crank..this would be a HUGE seller i think..there are TONS of 900 owners that would love to get the TMIII crank but it is not in their budgets at the time, including myslef..

so with that being said, the TMI would be a PERFECT OPTION for those owners..can you shed some lilght on the TMI for us..

--warranty
--how is it "better" then stock
--is it similar to the "updated 900 crank offered by polaris" but with the OEM 900 P-85
--whats is the time frame for the cranks this time of season AND off seaon
--do you blueprint the cases for this TMI crank, or even need them for assembly

Thank you again Dan for your excellent products and help for the 900 owners that LOVE their sleds..i dont plan on getting rid of mine for a long time..

Last edited:
L
Dec 24, 2007
Bay City, Michigan
I just bought a 900 TMIII at the end of last year. I think it came with a 3 year warranty. What would it cost to upgrade to the 5 year TMIV? I had the 975 case I sent to you along with my clutches for balancing.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
My TMIII hasn't missed a beat in 2 seasons ....

I think I've kinda given up the idea of doing a power adder on my 900 cuz I'm trying to buy a house right now, but I'm pretty sure that bottom end is gonna be good for the life of the sled ....

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
TTT,

Dan, i would really love to hear more about the $500 modified 900 crank due to budget constraints...

please refer to my post above for some simple questions, any additional info would be excellent!!

TOlsen

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Martin City, MT
I have ran the TMII for two trouble free seasons, gas, oil and go. Best dollars I've spent on the 900. Dan's service and quality of craftsmanship are excellent.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Tm i

TTT,

Dan, i would really love to hear more about the $500 modified 900 crank due to budget constraints...

please refer to my post above for some simple questions, any additional info would be excellent!!

Thanks Tim for the press on your TM II..

OK, as for the questions on a TM I.

I do not advertise it. But what it is, Is a New Polaris update 32mm crank with crankcase Mods & Lock-ring triple PTO Bearing set up.

This can be done to any of the stock cranks and I expect it to lengthen the life of the PTO-end significantly.........Heres the catch......If you want this done to a Used OEM crankshaft.......

The quality of the finished product depends on if in fact your stock crank has been running in tru and is in fact still tru.

If it has worked its way out of tru and has been walking around on the PTO rod pin........And the weight of the drive clutch has been whipping on a bent crank then it does not make sense to spend money on something thats past the point of prolonging its life.

Having a 900 crank trued before you send it here is only hurting yourself, There are two way i can tell if its a good used crank is to check the run out of that i know to be un-touched. Or i have to press off the PTO-end and check how much wheel walk is evident on the pin and wheel itself.

I have attached a few pictures of what the rod pin starts to look like
once the crank starts getting out of tru.

Please note - The following photos are from the same crank with 2250 miles, This crank lost a MAG rod bearing from a oil problem. The interesting
part about this crank is the MAG end looks better then the PTO end.

The photos show what the problems is with Polaris PTO ends and their lack of lock ring support.

The photo that that shows a shiny copper area is where the crank wheel has been walking on the pin from repeated clutch engagement with a improperly shimmed drive clutch.......Where the clutch has been slapping the belt instead of squeezing it. ( This is the PTO-end )

The MAG end showen is the end that lost the rod bearing.......But notice
there is no wheel walk on the MAG rod pin.

COULDN'T GET PHOTOS TO UPLOAD THEY WERE TO BIG.

I WILL TRY LATER.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Dan.
thanks for taking the time to reply to this and help us.

sorry but i might be a little slow, but want to make sure i understand it all here..

1. so the PTO mod you do is, install the 32mm PTO end on the stock 900 cranks, with the triple PTO bearings and lock ring?
---would this require us to get a larger clutch then (32mm) since we have 30mm stock ends/clutch???

2. what is the LIMIT for run out on the stock PTO end, that would clasify the crank to be "too far out of tru" and you wouldnt recommend us doing this mod (i am pretty sure last time i checked mine, it was .003"/.004")

3. Whats the turn around on the TMI this time of year, or early spring.

4. Whats all required for you to do this mod. Crank, Upper/Lower Cases

Thanks again Dan for everything..we all owe you more then you will know, for helping us keep these babies on the snow..

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Dan.
thanks for taking the time to reply to this and help us. No-problem.

sorry but i might be a little slow, but want to make sure i understand it all here..

1. so the PTO mod you do is, install the 32mm PTO end on the stock 900 cranks, with the triple PTO bearings and lock ring?
---would this require us to get a larger clutch then (32mm) since we have 30mm stock ends/clutch??? 32mm ends are not available from Polaris, a Complete update kit must be purchased, It comes with....32mm Crank, crank seals, New drive clutch, gasket kit and New 1115 belt. Then the TM-I is $500.00 on top of that.

2. what is the LIMIT for run out on the stock PTO end, that would clasify the crank to be "too far out of tru" and you wouldnt recommend us doing this mod (i am pretty sure last time i checked mine, it was .003"/.004") Guido.......I really don't like to say a run-out number, A better way to tell is to take the bottom-end apart and measure the case where the outter PTO bearing sits if it has woren the case past the point where I can't save the case then the crank is pretty much junk as far as the PTO itself goes. the TM I Serives can be done on the stock OEM 30mm PTO-end it just needs to be done before its to late.

3. Whats the turn around on the TMI this time of year, or early spring. Turn around changes everyday, There are to many factors to state a exact time......... 800 stuff is very fast, 900 stuff is very time consuming, depending on if its TM I, Or TM III........Best to call.

4. Whats all required for you to do this mod. Crank, Upper/Lower Cases Crank, Upper/Lower Cases and case bolts.

Thanks again Dan for everything..we all owe you more then you will know, for helping us keep these babies on the snow.. Guido.... know one owes me, I'm really enjoy this...

Dan

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
found a good thread from indydan about the TM1..

uses the updated polaris crank p.n# 2202808 and works his majic..

updated crank is $856 from babbitsonline.com and is "better" then the OEM 05/06 crank..

if you already have the updated 32mm updated crank, then Dan will do the TM1 work for $500...i would assume this would ONLY be if your OEM cases are MINT...otherwise add another $500 to that...

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105378

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
tmII

I have had a tmII for two seasons now .
first season went through 60 lbs of nitrous.
second season turboed, 3 barrels of 100LL and 12 lbs of boost .
absolutely no failures ,no melt downs ,no vibrations .!!!
I have used the same belt now for 2 1/2 seasons .
Going to change it and make it my back up!
these cranks are very strong and balanced!! And Dan is great to deal with!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Dan, are you building complete motors now?

Mine sucked a bunch of plastic into the PTO-side cylinder and siezed up.

I think the crank is ok, but I'm not really equipped to tear it down and find out.

Premium Features