• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 RMK 900 Piston's

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Just incase you havn't changed out the 05 pistons for 06's.... Here are some pictures to motivate you...... Sled was running great right up untill the moment it sounded like Diesel for 30 Seconds.....

I had good intention of swapping the pistons and crank for a turbo project that I was going to do untill I saw the price of Race Gas in Canada:eek: Then plans didn't fall into place for the rebuild and I put it off......

Now I'll be the first to admit this sled has been my introduction and learning cruve to sledding.... But I'll never go more than 2 seasons without a rebuild from now on......I had appx. 240 Hrs/ 3 Full seasons going for 4 on it and I was currious how long it would go before failure......

Not Grenade.......... :rolleyes:

At least it gave me some time to put on some goodies from last year and the Tri City Bumper....

Came up with another "Farmer" intake from the stock air box/ Clutch Guard into the stock boost box with a K&N Filter/Bag Combo a few rides before she went down..... that was the best set up to date 4 me with 2cool Mesh side vents and mesh hood..... I.M.O. not to mention a necessity if you want to run the bumper.....

Hope to Flash her azz tonight..... Lessons learned!!!! ;)

That is some impressive carnage ( I now have a display in my garage of all the parts that have let go)! Sorry you are not on the snow anymore though, I feel your pain, my 800 RMK has been a pain since the crank let go last year. Ah well, just build it back up, better and faster. Take care...Jeff

B

burried

Dec 22, 2007
oh man i feel bad for you
i just put the 06 pistons in mine last month because of this!!!
i too wanna put the tricity bumper
how much work is it?? happy with it??

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
I was hoping to finish up tonight.... Looks like tomorow night instead..... I went with all new motor parts.... It was worth the peace of mind...... Looks like a nice system rolling in this week.... Should be some good riding coming up and I'm eager to get back in the saddle!!! I havn't tried out the new bumper in the field.... But I'm already a huge fan of it..... I've gone through two bumpers from pulling on the bumper's.... Not to mention the chunk of ice that builds up in the nose cone..... I'm looking forward to just kicking it out now.....

:beer;

Last edited:
M
Dec 18, 2007
fargo
thats pretty much the way my 06 looks, haven't tore it apart yet but there are chunks of motor in the belly pan. What was the cost for parts for your rebuild?

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
I can't tell you how many miles... I lost the odometer when I installed the diamond drive..... It had over 240 hrs.... If I were to guestiamate.... appx 5000 miles......

As for having material in the bottom of the bulkhead.... If you have material in the bottom... Then your probably in trouble as well....

As for cost to fix..... Well if mine wasn't such a "one off" it would have cost the same to get a used RMK 900...... If mine wern't so different it would have been a great idea to have one as a parts sled..... It didn't make financial sense to sit on a chasis I couldn't use....

M
Dec 18, 2007
fargo
Spendy!!!!! I'm going with the cheaper route and get a

used 06. got pieces in the bottom of the bulkhead similar

to yours (not as much) you did a good number on that

baby. did it make alot of noise? Mine went quietly! Just

died and locked up. I haven't tore it apart yet, but from

what i could see it is the mag side of mine that blew also

Premium Features