• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

torque measure on Poo900 front motormounts ?

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
cant find info on that and i not own the service manual and my polaris dealer is not anwsers the phone...hope somebody can help me..:)

I am mouting compfusions motormounts

//swede

Stock 900 engine mount attach bolt to the engine case should be no more than 30 ft lbs. This is one bolt where more is not better.

The little bolts that hold the extrusion to the sides of the bulkhead should be around 18 ft lbs. Check after a good day's riding to snug them up after relaxation and you are good to go.

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Stock 900 engine mount attach bolt to the engine case should be no more than 30 ft lbs. This is one bolt where more is not better.

The little bolts that hold the extrusion to the sides of the bulkhead should be around 18 ft lbs. Check after a good day's riding to snug them up after relaxation and you are good to go.

Good advice. Do not overtorque the front bolts. Once metal touches metal additional torque only stresses the bolt and can lead to breakage. I do recommend replacing the 5/16" bolts holding the cross-member to the bulkhead when installing the mounts.

Premium Features