• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Blow Hole

R

rilesman5

Jan 21, 2009
MT
Thinking about purchasing a blow hole for my 2015 Pro RMK 800. Does anybody have any experience with this? Is it easy to install or should I have my dealer install it? If is saves me a couple belts then, for 300$ it should pay for itself in a few years. Plus those hot spring days seemed to always toast my belt on my old m1000. Does this product seem to help?

Thanks for any input,
Riley

K
Oct 24, 2012
Maple Ridge B.C.
I bought the blow hole thinks the exact same as you(do it myself or dealer). In the end I did it myself. It's not too difficult,takes a few hours. The instructions that come with it are easy to follow. If you are at all mechanically inclined should be a breeze.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I had one, loved it! Belts lasted way longer, and clutches were always cooler.
The installation was fairly straight forward, but there is a few areas you will want to take great care to ensure you keep a good fit/finish of the left side panel. I would also recommend installing an inline fuse, and an on/off switch.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
whats the "biggest" bennifit about this thing? Sorry i just dont see it

I had one, loved it! Belts lasted way longer, and clutches were always cooler.
The installation was fairly straight forward, but there is a few areas you will want to take great care to ensure you keep a good fit/finish of the left side panel. I would also recommend installing an inline fuse, and an on/off switch.

What Danbot said and ......

The benefit? If you see a benefit in venting then I believe that an active vent (the fan) is far more effective than a bunch of holes cut in the panels (passive).

M
Oct 13, 2009
wyoming
Never actually been up close and personal to a blowhole, well on a sled anyway. i guess its just hard to imagine what kind of airflow is produced over proper venting. not critisizing just unedjemacated.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Never actually been up close and personal to a blowhole, well on a sled anyway. i guess its just hard to imagine what kind of airflow is produced over proper venting. not critisizing just unedjemacated.

If by "proper venting" you mean the typical vent kits you can buy from any number of vendors that have some sort of pre - filter material over holes.... The blowhole is FAR more effective. It moves alot of air.
Air just doesn't flow through pre filter like you would hope. It works fine as an intake screen because there is a sizeable vaccuum in the air box, on a hood or side panel the best you can get out of it is some radiant heat loss.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Thinking about purchasing a blow hole for my 2015 Pro RMK 800. Does anybody have any experience with this? Is it easy to install or should I have my dealer install it? If is saves me a couple belts then, for 300$ it should pay for itself in a few years. Plus those hot spring days seemed to always toast my belt on my old m1000. Does this product seem to help?

Thanks for any input,
Riley

I just installed 2 of them this week on pro's and have found a few short cuts so you don't have to remove the air box/ and fuel lines and get a better fit around the side panel-
I also bought the Magside kick panel to match the PTO- and they keep alot more snow out by cobvering the opening better than stock
View attachment 241036

S/C

Last edited:

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I see Burandt and Skinner runs them.

RS

R

rilesman5

Jan 21, 2009
MT
Thanks to all who gave their information. After a discussion with mountain horse sounds like the best place to hook up the power to is the ac side with a ac/dc rectifier. Ill put a fuse on it and a on/off switch. Just in case something should jam the fan, then I at least have the power to shut it off.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Thanks to all who gave their information. After a discussion with mountain horse sounds like the best place to hook up the power to is the ac side with a ac/dc rectifier. Ill put a fuse on it and a on/off switch. Just in case something should jam the fan, then I at least have the power to shut it off.

Would you share your installation-
Have 5 blow holes in our group but not ran the sleds yet= ( just installed) and don't want to hook it into the DC plug by the shock tower if this is not correct-
We also would like to have the option to toggle it on/off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Uni...age-/181348482883?hash=item2a39363f43&vxp=mtr

Thanks
S/C

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
From the same people that sell the blow hole...MTNTK..... Buy their AC/DC rectifier... PLUG&PLAY!!
Better than running from the DC plug (which, as many know, I do not recommend)

https://www.mtntkperformance.com/accessories/acdc-rectifier

RECTIFIER.jpg

Last edited:
J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
As an added bonus when belt strings start coming out of your fan it may be time to change your belt. To be honest I love the fact that it pushes hot air out when you're doing slow sidehills in deep snow but I'm going to try clutching and gearing to help with belts this year.

CatAttack

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Taber, AB
As an added bonus when belt strings start coming out of your fan it may be time to change your belt. To be honest I love the fact that it pushes hot air out when you're doing slow sidehills in deep snow but I'm going to try clutching and gearing to help with belts this year.

Do you have one on your sled Johnny? Or another type of fan?

Premium Features