• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom Gauge Project

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I've been spending quite a bit of time the last 6 months or so working on a custom gauge to correct the annoyances I have with the stock one.

Among the features it will have are:
1) Easily display engine temp, with a programmable warning.
2) Accurate fuel gauge
3) Accurate odometer with more trips and automatic trips
4) Ability to display boost, AFR, and eventually other sensors

Below is a demo video of gauge. As you can see, I'm actually reprogramming the stock gauge. Eventually I'm going to make my own gauge (6X4 LCD backlit screen most likely), but due to time constraints it may or may not be available for next season (also only going to make it if the reprogrammed gauge is popular enough).

Note that it isn't anywhere near finished yet, and is missing many of the features it will eventually have. If you are wondering why it isn't farther along keep in mind I started the code that runs it from complete scratch, and had to do an massive amount of reverse engineering.

I'm thinking a basic version of the gauge that has corrected odometer, better/more trips, ability to show engine temp easily and warn you, and an accurate fuel gauge (that is calibrate-able) will be something less than $200. Ability to record, play, and download data to a computer will be about $150 or so. And the ability to show boost, AFR, and other sensors will be $200 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhcRnBFdOpY

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Man, this looks good. Keep up the work, there will be a market for something like this.

Premium Features