• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro headlight delete

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
im thinking of doin this, whats all out there for delete kits. i see skinz have one but does anybody else make one. let me know what your runing and how you like it. thanks

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I have the skinz model fits good, I have over 2000 miles on two machine with this setup. Some say you will burn up the voltage regulator by not running a headlight, but I haven't had a problem yet. Also I always run my handwarmers at all times maybe that's why I haven't had a problem.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Like AK said...there are many that have not had problems and did not run a resistor. But there are many others that have had a failure of the VR after deleting (just ask Phatty) ... and if it is a 13 or 14 there are other reasons to look at.

Some have issues.... some do not... kind of like the sleds themselves... ha.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327596

Many of those that have delted their headlight have an intercooler fan hooked up to the lighting circuit... which puts a good load on VR and keeps it healthy.

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
MH i have read your thread about the VR on a 13 and will deff take your advice on this. i plan on runing a PIAA fog light or something like that still, i just like the way pro look with out the head light

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Im running a mountain fit hoods version, and we are currently in production of our very own version that will be fitted with a rigid industries LED light that we are also in development with. Works well, have had no issues with it, but have extra draw on the stator and vr with the turbo components.

Final_zps32dcb524.jpg

www.BLOWNMOTOR.com

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
thanks alot for the input, they all look like great kits. hey Blownmotor got any more info on your kit. does anybody have more pix of the mountain fit one

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
thanks alot for the input, they all look like great kits. hey Blownmotor got any more info on your kit. does anybody have more pix of the mountain fit one

I just received the prototype lights in the mail today from them, and I am working on mounting and a good power source tonight. Was looking at doing a bridge rectifier and then a male h13 plug so you could plug and play into your factory headlight bulb, but at the moment I have even found a hiccup with that. I will know more later in the season, this really wasnt meant to be a production unit this year, but next. I have a few more pics of mine if you would like, the picture on the mtn fit hoods site is also my sled from last year. I ran one with halogen lights and one without.

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
if you have more pix it would be much appreciated, i would gladly be a test mule for your headlight kit:face-icon-small-hap

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I run the skinz this year on my 13 and it worked great but I fried my VR by the end of the year. Good thing I took MH's advice and ran a separate regulator so it wasn't a big deal (plus side was my hand warmers worked awesome). Going to run a resistor next year though.

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
im thinkin of using a skins delete. on the throttle side i was goin to put 1 light of sorts and on the brake side i ws thinkin of makin some sort of ram air from the delete vent to the top of my airbox inlet and get ride of the stock airbox all together and just put frog skin over the vented delete on that side

Premium Features