• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

benefit of snowcheck to non?

H
Feb 7, 2008
Anchorage
Usually you can not get an "X package" sled without snow checking one. They are usually a bit lighter, racing brake rotor, different bars, rebuildable shocks... just some perks.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
My last 2 snocheck Doo X's have only had one year of warranty....so watch your papaerwork if you snocheck, evidently you have to still pay extra for the additional warranty !!

R

rmk01r1der

Apr 30, 2008
ND
When you snowcheck you get a little X on the side.... :face-icon-small-dis Dealers around here usually order extra snowchecks to so you can buy them right off the floor.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
If you pass on there financing offer you get the longer warranty. Saw an add on tv last night for the new summits and a four year warranty if you snow check. I though it was cool to see a sled add on mainstream tv!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
If you pass on there financing offer you get the longer warranty. Saw an add on tv last night for the new summits and a four year warranty if you snow check. I though it was cool to see a sled add on mainstream tv!

I didn't finance....1 year warranty.:face-icon-small-con

N
Nov 26, 2007
Chinook Pass, Wa
I bought an "in-season sled (sp)" got a great deal, two year warranty and it was $1500 less than the X model, so I could use the cash to upgrade the suspension and end up with way better shocks than the X package shocks for the same price as just buying an X.

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK

I watch the NBA Denver Nuggets basketball games from the local Denver feed on the internet and it seems like every game there are ads for the Summit. Pretty cool, don't get that on TV here.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I'm not sure about the 2014's but the previous years the X package also came with the upgraded speedo/tach display with selectable functions.

I'm thinking pretty seriously about selling my 2012 and snow checking an XM.

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
I didn't finance....1 year warranty.:face-icon-small-con

One of the perks for snow checking a 2014 Summit is a 4-year bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Or you can choose a 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty + 1 of the following;

Free Wrap Kit

Free Electric Start

Promotional Financing

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Evidently the other choice is $500 off the price. I was under the impression this was instead of the goodies, but it's in place of goodies AND warranty.

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Yes 4 year warranty takes the place of 500 off. Personally ill take the warranty to by 3 year bumper to bumper is like 1000. The sp now comes with the same fancy gauge as the x. Spring orders are also cheaper at least what my dealer charges me. I know skidoo guarantees they will not sell a sled cheaper than your spring order for x amount of time or they will pay you double the difference.

L
Dec 12, 2012
Spokane, WA
Yes 4 year warranty takes the place of 500 off. Personally ill take the warranty to by 3 year bumper to bumper is like 1000. The sp now comes with the same fancy gauge as the x. Spring orders are also cheaper at least what my dealer charges me. I know skidoo guarantees they will not sell a sled cheaper than your spring order for x amount of time or they will pay you double the difference.

Thing is, how would you ever know anyways.

pauly-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
SILVER STAR,MT
13 NON X, SP

THERE ARE SOME PRETTY GOOD PRICES ON NON X MODELS (THE SP)RIGHT NOW.10,3000$-10,500$ ON THE 163 MODEL.I THINK THAT PRICE WOULD BE HARD TO BEAT EVEN SNOW CHECKING ONE.......THEY COME WITH A ONE YEAR BUMPER TO BUMPER,2 YEAR ENGINE COVERAGE.......AND YOU CAN RIDE IT NOW:tongue:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
The margins on sleds are really thin. There's no room for much of a discount at all. I like e start so that saves me $400 and I love the 3-4 year warranty which is easily worth a grand. Super easy to sell a sled with a year or two of warranty left and Doo is really great about the transfer to the new owner. Got a buddy looking for a 13 Yellow XM 163 if anyone knows where he can get one. Has to be that exact sled, he is gay for yellow, lol.

V
Nov 27, 2008
North Bend, WA
My snow-checked X cost me $100 more than my in season purshased SP, and the X came with 3 years warranty instead of one with the SP.

The best deal is to roll the dice on there being some end of season leftovers. Next is snowcheck. An in-season SP is the worst deal, which makes sense. They have what you want, when you want it the most, and you're going to pay for it.

I'm pretty sure you can sno-check and SP too, and take advantage of all the promotions etc.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
you get to wait and wait and wait. everyone else will have thiers while you are waiting to get yours;) also dealers make a lot more on sleds than you think, if you believe they are selling a 12-13k item and only making a few hundred dollars your mistaken. i know they like to make you think that but if it were true they would all be out of business.

L
Dec 12, 2012
Spokane, WA
you get to wait and wait and wait. everyone else will have thiers while you are waiting to get yours;) also dealers make a lot more on sleds than you think, if you believe they are selling a 12-13k item and only making a few hundred dollars your mistaken. i know they like to make you think that but if it were true they would all be out of business.

I know. Its all im going to think about all summer.

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho

I have to disagree with you. I really don't think the dealers make all that much money selling a new sled.

Where they DOO make their money, is in selling all those spendy acessories for your new Iron along with the clothing, oil, belts, + any warranty work they'll perform on it. I doubt that a dealer makes more then $500 off a new sled & probably closer to $2-300.

I was recently qouted $11,400 + tax out the door for a 2014 XM Summit X 154" which would include (my choice) a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty + FREE ES :D

Sorry, but I have to :lol: when I see guys with their 2013 XM X sleds with a couple hundred miles on them asking over $11k +. The sales tax doesn't matter either because what ever I buy, new or used I still have to pay Idaho sales tax when I go to title/register the sled.

Premium Features