• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Video: 2014 Yamaha Viper

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The first video has emerged.

2014 Yamaha SR Viper X-TX SE

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B7QdZtvcaAg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Christopher might just be right. I just got off the phone... 2015 is going to be a BIG year for the mountain segment for Yamaha. Sub 500 LB mountain sled with BIG factory HP and an old name making a comeback.

"Oh just wait one more year!!!!"
They've been telling dealerships that for the last 5 years now. This is a joke.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009

Then dont wait. No ones holding a gun to your head but your only hurting yourself if you like Yamaha.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
For the last 5 years we have all been waiting for Yamaha to make some major changes. Now that they make the HUGE change, everyone is complaining that they didn't do it fast enough or deep enough in their product line.

Man, I would hate to be them right now for all the anger coming from SnoWest today.

mtnxr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Ya but, Christoper, if you get paid by the post on the Snowest website....you're in fat city I bet!:face-icon-small-sho

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
My prediction is all Yamaha powered mountain sled in the future will be from Cat, and no sleds with Yamaha on the hood in 2 years. If they do it right, everyone will benefit.

C
Jan 5, 2012
Iowa
I work for a Yamaha dealership here in Iowa. The 75 yr old owner has been selling Yamaha for 42 years and has been our only line for the last 12. We sent a salesmen to Minneapolis yesterday to the dealer meeting. This release was a TOTAL disappointment.

My boss "Mr Yamaha" for the last 42 years asked me today what I would buy new for a short track, I said Polaris. Asked about a long track, and I said an ETEC. Hes been blindly defending Yamaha snowmobiles since the 4-stroke revolution but today he made the comment that Yamaha has fallen 10 years behind in technology.

Try selling Yamaha sleds and Rhinos when theres a Polaris dealer 12 miles down the road selling Pros and RZRs. Funny part is we suggest things to the Reps and its like water off a duck's back. Still offer the best scooter tho! Got that 14-15 yr old market cornered.

Hats off to you guys still riding Yamaha. We cant hardly give sleds away.

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
I work for a Yamaha dealership here in Iowa. The 75 yr old owner has been selling Yamaha for 42 years and has been our only line for the last 12. We sent a salesmen to Minneapolis yesterday to the dealer meeting. This release was a TOTAL disappointment.

My boss "Mr Yamaha" for the last 42 years asked me today what I would buy new for a short track, I said Polaris. Asked about a long track, and I said an ETEC. Hes been blindly defending Yamaha snowmobiles since the 4-stroke revolution but today he made the comment that Yamaha has fallen 10 years behind in technology.

Try selling Yamaha sleds and Rhinos when theres a Polaris dealer 12 miles down the road selling Pros and RZRs. Funny part is we suggest things to the Reps and its like water off a duck's back. Still offer the best scooter tho! Got that 14-15 yr old market cornered.

Hats off to you guys still riding Yamaha. We cant hardly give sleds away.

I know the feeling

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
Time to tuck your tails and go buy two-strokes boys! Maybe those who get a chance on this "All New Sled" (B.S.) will get the inclination to go buy a 2-stroke Cat instead of fight that heavy pig. Seems like this will be a way to sway Yamaha guys to Cat and back to the 2-stroke state of mind.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
that sled looks awesome- 700 lbs, 1.6"x 144 track- YeeHAW

Boy I can't wait to spend $12-$13K for a nytro engined, short track, I bet you it even has 120HP

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
For the last 5 years we have all been waiting for Yamaha to make some major changes. Now that they make the HUGE change, everyone is complaining that they didn't do it fast enough or deep enough in their product line.

Man, I would hate to be them right now for all the anger coming from SnoWest today.

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. Did they do something big? No, they did something huge but in a totally different direction than what dealers wanted. My dad has 3 new MTX Nytros. 1-153 2011. 2-162 2012(one STILL CRATED). He has tried to give them away the past 2 years but nobody wants a sled that they need to stick another $6000 at least into it just to keep up. Our customers want something out of the crate that works. Yamaha is unable to come out with their own chassis, so today we lost 2 customers in the 3 hours I was at the shop today and won't come back till Yamaha has a proven chassis.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
Sleds vs dirt bikes

The 4 cycle technology still has a long ways to go to be competitive. Just look back how long it took in the dirt bike market. That also took some push from the AMA. The key difference here is while the 4 stroke was making its way up they still produced a two cycle to keep sales numbers up. This brings us to the:

Question of the day. How many Nytro MTX's will western dealers be ordering this year?

Last edited:
Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
The 4 cycle technology still has a long ways to go to be competitive. Just look back how long it took in the dirt bike market. That also took some push from the AMA. The key difference here is while the 4 stroke was making its way up they still produced a two cycle to keep sales numbers up. This brings us to the: Question of the day. How many Nytros will western dealers be ordering this year?

We got ourselves a funny guy!!....BTW, Can you snowcheck a decimal point on your quantity order?

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Question of the day. How many Nytro MTX's will western dealers be ordering this year?

Followup Question.
How many more will Yamaha produce??

AND

Will the Viper, in an MTX configuration be the replacement for the Nytro..

OR..

Will we see a NEW COMPETITIVE MOUNTAIN SLED in 12 months...:face-icon-small-hap

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
Followup Question.

AND

OR..

Yep. Yamaha is gonna put Nytro engines in 2005-2011 Cat M-Series chassis that cat has laying around in stock.

If you're wondering about the the new 2015 trail sleds, they'll be producing Cat ZR Chassis sleds with Apex engines.

Yamaha is also working closely with human geneticists on a cloning program to produce Tucker Hibbert clones so they have someone who can actually ride their sleds too.

It's all a part of Yamaha's "We Really Suck in the Snowmobile Industry" program. Funny you hadn't heard.

chuckle chuckle everybody. don't have a stroke

C
Jan 5, 2012
Iowa
Followup Question.

AND

OR..

This reminds me of the hot girl in high school who told me if she wasnt married by the end of college we would marry. Then she said if she wasnt married by 30 we would marry....Another 12 months

To answer the original question:

I talked to a Yamaha dealer outta Wyoming this year to see how they were sitting on sleds and he said they ordered ZERO Yamahas last year and Yamaha didnt say ****. Needless to say they werent interested in any of ours. Its laughable.

Premium Features