• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PICTURES OF THE 2014 YAMAHA VIPER SRX FROM YAMAHA'S DEALER CONVENTION EXHIBITION

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
ENJOY......let's start the Plugin ECU for this baby now!!

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
i can already see cheap chinese part written all over that ignition switch, junk AC controls with that gargantuan brake, and world renowned AC wiring harness. Barf

So far the clutches and engine are the only thing yamaha i can see

this thing is gonna be heavy, i bet very close to the Nytro chassis

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
i can already see cheap chinese part written all over that ignition switch, junk AC controls with that gargantuan brake, and world renowned AC wiring harness. Barf

So far the clutches and engine are the only thing yamaha i can see

those sleds are prototypes. yamaha motors, yamaha harness.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
So yamaha's 2014 newest badest most awesome sled to hit the snow for them is a year old already. Everything about it is an exact copy of the Arctic Cat sled. WOW Yamaha!! Way to go on some R&D and come up with your own idea for a sled. :face-icon-small-dis
Hey guys lets put some Yamaha stickers on Arctic Cats sled and call them Yamaha. That will save us some money for R&D. we wont have to spend a dime this year.

I guess the only good thing about that is that you can get parts for it from yamaha or arctic cat.

Attachments

• Yamapussy.jpg
    Yamapussy.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 777
Last edited:

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Why is there a o2 sensor welded into pipe. I don't remember my stock Nytro exhaust having that anywhere in the system. Is this boosted????

Last edited:

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The 02 sensor is for the closed loop fuel injection system or at least that is what front write-up said it was for.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Closed loop fuel injection makes it easier to map for boost. That giant muffler gives a great spot to mount a turbo and we know there is already a great spot to mount an intercooler. This coming year is going to be a great one for the mod crowd, developing power and chassis mods is easy because most are already figured out. Looking forward to a Yamacat with 300 hp and no belt issues that handles decent in the mountains. Kudos to the collaboration despite all the brand loyalists calling them traitors. I am sure the Yamaha dealers who have been begging for something new for years will at least breathe a partial sigh of relief for next season.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
So yamaha's 2014 newest badest most awesome sled to hit the snow for them is a year old already. Everything about it is an exact copy of the Arctic Cat sled. WOW Yamaha!! Way to go on some R&D and come up with your own idea for a sled. :face-icon-small-dis
Hey guys lets put some Yamaha stickers on Arctic Cats sled and call them Yamaha. That will save us some money for R&D. we wont have to spend a dime this year.

I guess the only good thing about that is that you can get parts for it from yamaha or arctic cat.

Actually, once the 2014 Cats premier, the latest Yamaha technology will be 3 years old. Thought I'd clarify. Enjoy your PRO RMK next year! :face-icon-small-sho

Last edited:

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Sorry about the mistake. I have not kept up on Cats very much. All I know is Yamaha has been disappointing for the last few years. Only way to ride one of those beast is if you turbo it. Those are great fun to ride and I love doing it when the snow conditions allow for it but tree riding is where I have turned too lately and I absolutely love my PRO RMK for that kind of riding. I admit I wish I had a little more power at times, especially after getting used to the power of a boosted Yamaha. But I wouldn’t trade that sled for anything right now. We have plenty of boosted sleds to ride and guess how many times we have taken them out in the last 2 years. Maybe 2 times.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Look at all the Polaris guys in this thread frothing at the mouth. LOL! Doesn't matter how much you rant your Polaris are still junk GLUED together. Envy won't help you tow a new Polaris back to the truck................

BTW, I don't even carry a tow rope in my Yamaha any more.:face-icon-small-dis

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Wondering if Yamaha tightened up the fitment on the bodywork/panels? The fit and finish of the cat is a horrible with tons of gaps and areas for snow ingestion but I see the hood and panel design is slightly different on the Viper. If they did it might be a good option for the Cat guys to run the Yamaha plastics.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Good point stingray !! Why are Polaris guys on the Yamaha now cat forum?

Ha ha ha thats funny. I was a Yamaha guy (and still am) for many years. I started on the Phazers in 88 (I was 7 at the time) then moved to the V-max then to the Mtn Max, then to the Viper, then to the RX-1, then the Apex, then the Nytro. I also had a REV for about 8 years before I got the PRO hense the YAMADOO name. in 08 Skidoo messed up the XP and my brother had that sled and it sucked for actually having fun on a sled. All it could do was climb a hill. It sucked for sidehilling and boondocking. Apex and Nytros are Heavy!!! but at least they are turboed so that makes up for some of it. I went to the PRO becuase I took one ride on it and fell in love with the way it handles. Yes its lacking in power but any stock sled is. I have been waiting for years for Yamaha to come up with another decent sled and I have been dissapointed for many years now. They are way behind in the mountain segment unless you are going to turbo it. I wrote Yamaha about 4 times in the last 10 years wondering when they were going to make a youth sled like the other 3 so that when my kid was old enough he could start on a Yamaha. Well looks like they finally did but you know what I bought? A POLARIS!! All they did was brand an Arctic Cat and call it a Yamaha. If I wanted a Arctic cat i would have bought one years ago. I guess I should have seen this coming because they started this in the youth market when they introduced "their" Yamaha 120 Arctic Cat sled.
One more thing. I guess I have just thought that Yamaha would wake up and make a lighter more awesome sled to compete against the other 3 not just brand one of those sleds. You can only ride a 650 lb sled in the trees so much. Its not that fun to dig out those beasts in the trees by yourself because your buddies pretend not to see you stuck because they dont want to help dig out that fat sled.

Last edited:

venom1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ft mac,alberta
Look at all the Polaris guys in this thread frothing at the mouth. LOL! Doesn't matter how much you rant your Polaris are still junk GLUED together. Envy won't help you tow a new Polaris back to the truck................

BTW, I don't even carry a tow rope in my Yamaha any more.:face-icon-small-dis
Not much point anyways. The only thing that could possible do the job is a M1 tank or a D11 with a 2" cable.

Awesome engines! Everything else is garbage.

Went down that road before.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Sorry about the mistake. I have not kept up on Cats very much. All I know is Yamaha has been disappointing for the last few years. Only way to ride one of those beast is if you turbo it. Those are great fun to ride and I love doing it when the snow conditions allow for it but tree riding is where I have turned too lately and I absolutely love my PRO RMK for that kind of riding. I admit I wish I had a little more power at times, especially after getting used to the power of a boosted Yamaha. But I wouldn’t trade that sled for anything right now. We have plenty of boosted sleds to ride and guess how many times we have taken them out in the last 2 years. Maybe 2 times.

Can I have it..I promise to ride it 3 times a week OKAY????:lol:

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
ok. the only thing im interested in now is the weight. how much does this weigh and ill have one snowchecked by flipping end of the month haha. but seriously what is the weight??

Premium Features