• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Boondocker Box

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
Earlier this fall I thought I read something about boondocker coming out with a new fuel controller? More adjustability etc. I haven't seen it or heard anything about it yet. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough. Anyone know anything about this?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i have one coming for my sled...it doesn;t hook up to the injectors...it interceeds at the ecu...and it has 12 rpm range adjustments vs the old seven...eric from racinstation hooked me up..

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
That's what I thought I heard. I'm excited to see how it works. I like the power commander for the insane amount of adjustability but would like a controller I can adjust without carrying around a laptop or buying the $300 lcd screen. I think this new boondocker controller will be the ticket. Have customers been using them this year at all yet or did they just release them?

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I just ran mine this weekend. After an hour I cured a bog and a slight backshift issue. Get a capture button mounted and it makes a lot less work.

Went around and around with the PCV working from memory (get a O2 set-up and carry a laptop if you want to do it right). Glad to be able to change things on the snow again.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
That's what I thought I heard. I'm excited to see how it works. I like the power commander for the insane amount of adjustability but would like a controller I can adjust without carrying around a laptop or buying the $300 lcd screen. I think this new boondocker controller will be the ticket. Have customers been using them this year at all yet or did they just release them?

RKT was using one on his 925 kit..he seemed to really like it..

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
It`s a button connected to the box. Press and release and it will store the info from that spot.

If you run along and get a bog out on the snow you can go back to that spot and reproduce it. If you press and release there you can come to a stop and read the exact throttle position, rpm, fuel in, O2 if you got it, etc.
Takes a lot of guess work out of "where was I" lol. The you add fuel and check again and very quickly you get to the correct spot and fuel # needed.

This version can adjust fuel in % and it keeps the stock computors adj for elevation, temp, etc. Or you can go to injector duty cycle mode and build something that is totally seperate from the original programming with no stock inputs for elevation, temp, etc. (I was thinking about the 910 guys when I read that).

It has 6 rpm positions that do not blend and you can adjust then to what you want (I set mine to 0-10%, 10-20%, 20-40%,40-60%, 60-80%, 80-100% so I could transfer some #'s from the PCV map I already worked on).
It has 13 fixed rpm positions (plenty) that do blend.
Neat thing too is you can go to a simpler setting that gives you only 3 throttle positions and 5 rpm positions to get you close. It always works from the 13 rpm and 6 throttle positions but the simpler set-up does broad changes to get close then later can be fine tuned.

I was lucky enough to get a version of this in 2010 for my Cat but it still sits in a box on the shelf cause I got onto the PCV thing. PCV is a great tool and with a O2 sensor and you laptop in the field you can dial in a map just great.
I just couldn't get into carrying the laptop and when I did bring it up for a day the fine adjustments became a headache unless you are very methodical. Took hours.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I never had an issue with the old boondocker boxes, they were actually quite simple to tune on an NA sled, assuming you had a little knowledge. Nice to see boondocker bringing something newer to the table. This benefits all of us in the long run.

Premium Features