• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My sled will ALWAYS be lighter product!!

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
This stuff is amazing. I ordered a gallon today and will be coating both my sleds with it.. This stuff will truely be the best 150 bux you can ever spend on your sled to keep the weight off.

Last edited:
R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Doesn't sound very durable, can't wash it with soap or pressure wash it also not for use on high abrasion areas.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Ok, I would vote that Christopher create a sub-forum specifically for testing new products, available only to Premium Members, as a value added service.

Proposed new products, one or two a month, to be voted on and then the most popular put to the test by a respected forum member and then post the results.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Check out never wet it hasn't been released to the public but it appears to be more durable.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Well bought a quart size set. Gonna try it on one side of some sled parts and not the other side. Go ride it and see the actual difference. Hopefully it holds up.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
superhydrophobic coatings

After seeing the Arctic Cat video showing how much snow can stick to a sled, I will be VERY interested to see how this works. There are a number of products now out on the market.

I tried a cheap one - it was a dud. Prestone Ice and Frost Shield is supposed to prevent ice and snow from sticking to your windshield and wiper blades so I figured for $4, what the heck? I would see if it would make a difference on my sled. I sprayed one side of the sled and man I mean I gave it a good dose then we went riding. There was not a speck of noticable difference from one side of the machine to the other.

I for one would like to see a bunch of these products tested. I saw one online that claimed a durability of two years.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
This would work great on your truck too, you would never have to clean it in the winter months.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Evidently I flunked attachments school - google 'superhydrophobic coatings Sandia National Laboratories' and you can see a 2008 R &D Award entry form from the guys who apparently invented this stuff back in 2007. Pretty interesting stuff to scan through if you are into the why's of how something works.

Also google 'super hydrophobic coatings with reduced ice adhesion' because that is what we are after - I don't care about water running off, I want ice to not stick.

Premium Features