• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wedge front suspenssion

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
You can't put the unequal length radius rod 10" on it because of the mounting locations. But you can find like a 95/96 RMK front end that was longer travel but had equal length radius rods. You can put one of those on it... you just have to be cautious about where the steering rod comes through the bulkhead. Depending on what sled you have you may have to notch that opening larger so that the rod doesn't impact the bulkhead during full travel.

sled_guy

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
I lengthened all my rods and then put longer shocks on mine. I did this when I did m drop and roll so I could figure out my attack angle. Turned out a lot better then stock.

S
Nov 28, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
Will I be able to get buy with just shocks and radius rods or will I have to swap out the trailing arms also. The reason I ask is I have a 92 indy 500 just sitting in the back yard rotting and I am a project/build guy and have always wanted to build a sled, so I thought I would do it. I have a line on a 650 motor for real cheap if I want some more power. Not looking to dump a whole pile of cash into it, just have some fun building and have a second sled to rip up the deep lake powder deep powder and drive the crap out of. I know there are better sleds to choose to do this to but I already have this one and I like the old wegde sleds.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I did an old 650 the way sled guy said, used RMK extra 10 front shocks (14 3/8"?) used stock radius rods and trailing arms. To compensate for the tie rod going through the bulkhead at a lower angle I made some spacers using a piece of 3/8" ID pipe about 1"? long and used a longer bolt through the tierod end, the spacer, and the steering arm. IIRC I welded the spacer onto the steering arm just for peace of mind. It just lifts the tierod back to the middle of the bulkhead hole so it doesn't hit anything.

L
Jan 26, 2010
N. IL.
I tried the "Brads BLT" front kit years ago. Longer radius rods, steering rods, and longer shocks. The problem is, too much toe-in & toe-out as the suspension cycles through it's travel. I tried lots of set ups. The one I settled with consisted of 2001 PRO X trailing arms. 1997 XCR 700 radius rods and steering rods. 2001 Edge aluminum steering arms. And newer heim joints (for the extra pivot travel).

S
Nov 28, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
I tried the "Brads BLT" front kit years ago. Longer radius rods, steering rods, and longer shocks. The problem is, too much toe-in & toe-out as the suspension cycles through it's travel. I tried lots of set ups. The one I settled with consisted of 2001 PRO X trailing arms. 1997 XCR 700 radius rods and steering rods. 2001 Edge aluminum steering arms. And newer heim joints (for the extra pivot travel).

Thanks for the info guys.
What sled did you have this set up on.
Are all the wedge chassis the same just with different components or are the chassis different with certain models.

Last edited:
Premium Features