• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tinker tinker tinker..

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Doing a few more odds and ends...

Im really excited about the visual det light...anxious to see it work.The eye i have covered in plastic with a rubber band till i get something better to make sure its waterproof,there is expensive electronics in that eye.

I aslo spent alot of time on the wiring.Out from under the tank etc...independant of the post. You ever notice when ya turn the steering and wires seem to move around the post area.Well thats just a problem to happen in the back country with an issue,so i like to address it in the warmth of my garage...lol..

love the new cyclops light as well..

added det sensor.jpg det sensor and wiring.jpg det light.jpg det light pic2.jpg cyclops 610 light.jpg

Last edited:

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
So where did you get the deto sensor ? and tell me about your clutches. Who's primary cap is that? and the cap on the secondary looks a bit different also.
What is the sensor on your brake? and the BDX part, what is that?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
So where did you get the deto sensor ? and tell me about your clutches. Who's primary cap is that? and the cap on the secondary looks a bit different also.
What is the sensor on your brake? and the BDX part, what is that?

bought the light from the swapmeet..k4knocklight..and the sensor from ebay...and the sensor pigtail from napa...although some sell the sensor with the pigtail...but the pigtail is used for injectors/sensors/w/w motors/brakefluid level indicators..etc etc..

The primary cap is from thunder products..i got it through 1100cat on this site..way more brg surface with side clearance adjuster...the helix on the secondary is a Dalton..the bdx part is just a light weight recoil hub with ti bolts that goes on the flywheel for the recoil to engage into...

the sensor on the brake is the speedo...

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Is that a challenger track reversed

well its the original..lol..don;t know what the heck the original was but you probably know better then me...haha...yea it was leaning pretty good so i decided to turn here around to straighten the paddles back up..:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis

they say it may trench abit...i will find out..

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Bake rotor looks awfully clean - is it new? Bdx? Any chance you weighed it vs the stock one?

yep...bdx...way lighter..i think they say half the weight..the stocker is a porky little thing..

i think bdx should have made the light weight drive shaft and drivers to go with the stock diamond drive instead of just with their diamond drive lites.
they missed the boat i figure..

i threw away my reverse motor and wiring but i ain;t giving up my reverse..i need it when i go sledding because i always have to back up to find the dropped toilet paper..:bounce::bounce:

Jul 22, 2009
yep...bdx...way lighter..i think they say half the weight..the stocker is a porky little thing..

i think bdx should have made the light weight drive shaft and drivers to go with the stock diamond drive instead of just with their diamond drive lites.
they missed the boat i figure..

i threw away my reverse motor and wiring but i ain;t giving up my reverse..i need it when i go sledding because i always have to back up to find the dropped toilet paper..:bounce::bounce:

Thanks! Definitely have the rotor on my list of to-do's! Are there any other parts that you have to buy other than the brake pads? I am with you 110% on the drive shaft. NOT going to give up my reverse but WOULD buy one if it went with the stock system.

1100Cat

Nov 29, 2007
Looking good,glad you are liking all your new pieces. You will also like how they perform and are definitely good choices and must do mods on the M's. If anyone is interested in m8's parts let me know as can get you set up like I did for him.

Thanks 1100Cat

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Looking good,glad you are liking all your new pieces. You will also like how they perform and are definitely good choices and must do mods on the M's. If anyone is interested in m8's parts let me know as can get you set up like I did for him.

Thanks 1100Cat

1100cat was great guys...he waited for all the parts to come from different suppliers and boxed them all real tight in one box for cheaper shipping...oh and i asked him if he ever did mods himself...hahaha...he has forgotten more then we will ever know...he even has his own dyno in his bathroon...lol..

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Thanks! Definitely have the rotor on my list of to-do's! Are there any other parts that you have to buy other than the brake pads? I am with you 110% on the drive shaft. NOT going to give up my reverse but WOULD buy one if it went with the stock system.

nope..just the pads...if your down there anyway get some axle bearings..oh and a axle nut if you use the old one to bang on driving out the axle...all through /1100cat..bdx product dealer amongst many other products

and a thread file...16tpi for the damaged threads banging the axle out...haha..unless your lucky...soak it good before...and heat and locktite freeze spray are handy items...the bearings can come out tough from the caliper as well...

you can throw away one spacer with the new rotor...bdx don;t tell ya that but their rotor is a spacer width wider trackside..

Last edited:

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Very nice mods. I should probably do the lightweight brake disc as well.

How was the BDX recoil hub to install?

I have one but, I have never installed it.

I didn't install mine because I thought I read somewhere there may have been some issues with using the BDX recoil hub. I would have to do a search to again to remember what they were. Is it working ok for you?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Very nice mods. I should probably do the lightweight brake disc as well.

How was the BDX recoil hub to install?

I have one but, I have never installed it.

I didn't install mine because I thought I read somewhere there may have been some issues with using the BDX recoil hub. I would have to do a search to again to remember what they were. Is it working ok for you?

I've run one on both my 09 & 11, what was the potential issue?

(install is real easy, just pull the recoil & the 3 bolts that hold the cage.)

I noticed when i pulled the 09 from it's carcass, that the aluminum cage wears a little more than metal... but not something I can see causing an issue... it'd have to wear through 1" of aluminum to create an issue I'd think!

F

Farmbuilt800

Oct 28, 2010
Morgan, Utah
Doing a few more odds and ends...

Im really excited about the visual det light...anxious to see it work.The eye i have covered in plastic with a rubber band till i get something better to make sure its waterproof,there is expensive electronics in that eye.

I aslo spent alot of time on the wiring.Out from under the tank etc...independant of the post. You ever notice when ya turn the steering and wires seem to move around the post area.Well thats just a problem to happen in the back country with an issue,so i like to address it in the warmth of my garage...lol..

love the new cyclops light as well..
Where you get that light? and how did you mount it? I have a Diamond S hood as well but i need to get some light?

Premium Features