• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pictures of the inside of your garage/shop or trailer

A
I am in the process of completing my garage build and would love to see what you guys have done to the interior of your garages and trailers. Any pictures you have would be appreciated. I'm always looking for good ideas to incorporate into my build.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Incorporate pipe insulation.

frozen_pipes_in_the_garage_286103608_std.jpg

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
I'll throw in a pic. I'm at work right now so these are the only pics I have. The flooring is MotoFloor from Costco and is a good price for the quality. You can still roll toolboxes and crap around on it. No carbides though!
To clean it, I just sweep/mop and use Armorall for the shine. Lol. It doesn't get too slick either. Other than that, it's insulated/drywalled/painted. I also built some overhead storage. The stairs and cement footer are all painted a black floor paint. She's a bit messy in the 2nd pic.
apytuhe9.jpg

3ynapa9a.jpg

Last edited:

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
Just a 2 car garage, older pic as you can tell by sled:)

DSCN0047.jpg

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0048.jpg

Last edited:

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
Here is mine. Not much, but it is tidy. I really like the cabinets, help me stay organized. I got the floor coating online as a kit, turned out fairly well i think.
Whitecourt-20111003-00123.jpg

Sometimes, there just isnt room for it all!
Whitecourt-20120610-00433.jpg

But it keeps a small selection at the proper temperature!
IMG-20111002-00122.jpg

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
If you have a high ceiling( mine are 12ft). build a mezzanine for storage. When I built my house I added a small area for the mezzanine and workshop underneath so that it doesnt actually take up vehicle floor space. Note the cheap azz winch mounted to the mezzanine header......great for lifting sleds,quads etc for working on them. I also built several work benches at different heights...makes it easier for working on projects of different sizes so your not bent over all the time. Use lots of peg board.

pic 1.JPG pic 2.JPG pic 3.JPG

Last edited:
S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
I didn't understand the guy with the 5 million dollar garage and everything inside it was boring, his cars were ugly and his motorcycles were boring at best.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
As you can see in the pics, I put a metal I-beam in mine, with a rolling trolley on the beam and attached to the trolley I mounted an electric winch. The winch is strong enough to pick up the front or back of a sled (would pick up the whole sled if I made some kind of harness or deck for the sled to sit on). Recently I've used it to put in and take out a snowmobile motor. I just winch it up and then roll it over on the trolley to one of my work benches, or vice versa to put it back in. The other thing I did (don't have a picture of) is put a bolt anchor into my concrete floor so that I can hook a pulley onto it and use my winch to pull my sled in backwards (since I don't have reverse). It sure saves the back!!

IMGP1407.jpg

IMGP1409.jpg

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
Still needs a little cleaning after this summer's makeover in the garage and I have 4-5 more under cabinet lights to install.

BeforeAlmostDone_zpsecaff344.jpg

0062_zps4c721011.jpg

0042_zps7b09d9c9.jpg

Installed whiteboards as cabinet doors - it's been used numerous times since I installed them.
011_zps2ef05b6d.jpg

Premium Features