• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Wrap

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
Wrap looks good!

I wrapped mine a couple weeks ago. The vast majority I applied wet with the RapidTac solution that AFX sells. The only time I use a dry application is on textured/rough surfaces, like a lot of belly pans are made of.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Wrap looks good!

I wrapped mine a couple weeks ago. The vast majority I applied wet with the RapidTac solution that AFX sells. The only time I use a dry application is on textured/rough surfaces, like a lot of belly pans are made of.

Going to get the sled this Sat. Got the install kit from them. I would assume the dry application area would be the seat area? First wrap I have ever done, so you know how that is. LOL
Thanks

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
Yeah, I think on the Pro the only dry spot I did was the gas tank portion. Tunnel, hood, and panels I did wet. You should have gotten a felt pad/squeegee with the kit...I think I used that over the entire thing. Great little tool. I also like to go over everything with a heat gun once it's applied, taking special care to make sure all the edges are adhered. Probably not necessary, but an extra step I like to do. A heat gun is also your friend for contouring around curved surfaces.

This is the second sled I have wrapped, and have also done a couple quads I had in the past.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
There are forty some pieces for the full wrap from ArcticFX. Spend the extra dollars and get their application kit. Putting the kit on wet works so much better than pulling and stretching the stickers dry.

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Oh man I about pulled my hair out doing mine wet!

To do it dry you've got some major patience and steady hands

E

emarsh

Nov 4, 2010
Colorado
Have the windshield graphics to go with it, just waiting for the low shield to get here. Bumpers and running boards are at the powder coat shop to match!

S

shell_guy

Jan 28, 2008
Red Deer, AB
How hard are these things to wrap? I just ordered a kit and it will be my fist attempt. I did my tunnel last year without too many issues so I am helping for the best. Any of you seasoned pro's have any tips?

Premium Features