• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got booted from TY for promoting Snowest.com?

I
Feb 15, 2009
I wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I wrote this in response to having to pay for classified adds on TY....

"I've been a member since 2003, this is disappointing. Gone are the good ol days. Snowest.com"

...When my account was disabled this was the email convo between me and Tom, he owns the site.

ME:Did you disable my TY account?

TOM:Here is the reason:
http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?p=590878#post590878 You want to rip on me and this site, you will be removed.
And you even had to ask...LOL, I have owned this site from the
beginning and its still run by me a one man show with no
money being made for all my time... so I will not tolerate someone telling everyone that I ripping them off.

ME:I think you are misunderstanding me. I never said the site or
administrator was ripping me or anyone else off. Simply put, gone are
the good old days when the site was much smaller, and cost effective
to operate. That being said, I deleted my post shortly after, I was
accused of being a "bad seed" and trying to rip people off.
Forum as defined by Webster’s: a medium (as a newspaper or online
service) of open discussion or expression of ideas.
It is my understanding that this particular forum is not OPEN, and
violators will be censored or dismissed? I would caution this form of censorship as it will erode the fundamental mission of your site.
I was one of the first 300 members of the site back in 2003, and am
sorry to see my membership end like this.

TOM: No response...

Thoughts?!? Did I really pis$ in this guys Wheaties? He certainly took it personal.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
I've gotten a couple of PMs already about Tom. Nothing good to say. Makes me feel better I guess.

Take a look around and if you have question, we would be glad to help. Also take a look at the premium account. Has a lot of nice features and does not break the bank:bounce:

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I've gotten a couple of PMs already about Tom. Nothing good to say. Makes me feel better I guess.

def nothing new if you step on his toes you will get banned, been a member since 2004.i know of quite a few that have left because you are not allowed a opinion there.:face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features