• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Come on Polaris!

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I know the Pro is all business and things like fit and finish might be viewed as secondary in importance to performance but after coming from Ski-doo this really looks shoddy to me. The seats on the 2 x 2013 Pro's that I picked up look really crappy where they are stapled underneath. am I being too fussy? or is there a cleaner way this could be done?

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 495
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 581
B
Sep 30, 2012
Delivery

Personally, unless the Dealer made an attempt to call Polaris and work magic internally, I wouldn't have taken delivery, will it matter on a 4ft day in POW, prob not, but I agree below standards in the quality assurance area.

C

clamlake600

Feb 2, 2010
That's the way they all look..really? Not take delivery because of the way it was stiched? Should they install some trim to cover it up? Are u riding upside down? Get over it and just ride...

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I understand the disappointment in spending 12K and having side panels that don't fit and seat covers that look like that, but in all reality, It's going to look worse after my first ride, I can almost guarantee it.

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
I can handle the seat I just want the engine to hang together on my 13 lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Don't we all, lol!

Can we get a little smaller signature my friend?

It's like you're posting a full size picture of your sled alllll over the forums ( =

On the seat note, my 12 is a tiny bit off, not as bad as yours..... I personally didn't worry much about it but it is a detail that I agree with you on, polaris shouldn't be pumping out product with this lack of attention to detail

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
CONFUSION=$

I think this is a good thread. Both my 2011's and the 2013 have the same issue. So why is poor craftsmanship acceptable?
I see people on this site building beautiful sleds and went to great lengths to come out with something they are proud of. Why shouldn't a multibillion dollar corporation do the same? :face-icon-small-fro

These guys are loving every minute of this.
http://www.bossseats.com/polaris/dragon-rmk-seats.html

S
Oct 23, 2008
ak/mn
pretty boys worry about junk like that, lol

just wait till you get some big scraps from branches because you were having so much fun ripping thru the trees. That stuff just don't matter to me.

its a polaris thing.......you wouldn't understand

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
All the PRO's I have seen look similar to that. Yours may be worse than most. If that is the worst thing you can find, you are in good shape buddy! You have to get down on your knees to see it. Put a gear bag behind the seat so that when you are stuck and are facing the under belly of the seat it won't make you crazy . LOL
Ride it!

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Hahaha even after all the improvements and next level items the 2013 pros have, someone's just gotta keep on complaining about something. Grab a knife and trim it. Should have bought a Cat I guess.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Quality not Quantity

If you walked into a showroom and there were two exact sleds there, and one had the seat in the picture and the other one was perfect. I know which one you would buy. I know I am comparing apples to oranges here but, here are two pictures of the second new Polaris ATV rack for my new Polaris ATV. The first one didn't fit at all. Back to the dealer again. Gas $4.00 a gallon.
I agree with Teth-Air. Come on Polaris!
picture.php

picture.php

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Fit and finish has been low on Polaris' priority list for years... It may not be a luxury car, but they should pay better attention to detail than they have for what they are charging buyers these days:eek:

A 5 oz piece of plastic trim could be popped into place under the seat to hide all those ugly friggen staples:rolleyes: Of course my tunnel bag and snow do a very effective job of hiding the ugliness while riding:D

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I can see the morning parking lot and on hill banter all season.....

Guy A: how do you like your Pro?

Guy B: It's a nice sled but look at this! Can u believe this sh|t?! If I knew that was what was coming I shoulda gone with yamaha. At least their engines last.

LOL;)

Premium Features