• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burandt Tunnel Bag? Where do I put the Shovel

T

traveler

Apr 30, 2008
Evergreen
I should have looked closer at the burandt bag when I was at the snow show.
Is there a place to stow the shovel.
Not big into carrying anything on my back.

Thanks

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
It may not be there because the proper place for a shovel is on your back. I know it may not be the easiest way for you but in an emergency situation you may forget it on your sled.

If you are set on using the pack you can get a collapsable shove that will fit inside.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
I should have looked closer at the burandt bag when I was at the snow show.
Is there a place to stow the shovel.
Not big into carrying anything on my back.

Thanks

Can you still use an underseat bag with it or does the Burandt Lock & Ride Bag take up some of the space under the seat?

Appreciate it.

akrevrider

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
Well I feel bad for the guys you ride with and yourself for that matter.
Have you ever taken a true avy class and had them put you into a suprise situation to find a buried victom? Or how about your sled gets washed down the hill with your shovel and your buddy is lost how are you gonna dig them out when your shovel is 50yds away? Have you ever tried to shovel avy snow?

There is a reason there is no room for the shovel thats not where it belongs!!

Ride hard, have fun, but dont be dumb!
If you dont know how to use your equipment or where it I dont want to ride with you, my life depends on my smartness but accidents happen and my life depends on my friends having the right equipment and know how to do it.

get a pack and shovel on your body and use it

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
Klim make a very small pack for your back you wont even know you have it on. God forbid if you and a buddy get into a slide and your sled's get separated from you or your buddy in that slide you wont have a probe or shovel to save each other.

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
i ride in the trees all day long. if i wanted to hill climb i would have bought a 4 stroke or a skidoo.

thst being said avys happen everywhere. am i the only one where a snowpulse air bag system. i know they are exspensive but hey i would rather be alive to see the mrs and boy you know. i live by this muato ( i would rather have it and never have to use it .then need it and not have it)
this goes for everything i carry survival gear on my sled and the same stuff in pack. ie: food, thermal blanket, lighter, matches, paper, first aid... you get the point.
so i gues i have a question for everyone who rides with a avalanche bag?
oh ya one last thing put a good metal shovel on your back. and another on the sled

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
It may not be there because the proper place for a shovel is on your back. I know it may not be the easiest way for you but in an emergency situation you may forget it on your sled.

If you are set on using the pack you can get a collapsable shove that will fit inside.

I carry two shovels & two avy probes; 1 lightweight set on me & the heavy duty set on the sled. The tunnel bag is where I carry extra survival gear.

akrevrider

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
Well I feel bad for the guys you ride with and yourself for that matter.

A little harsh, But I get the point

Dont mean to sound like a jerk!
My point was you only get one chance to save a buddy or a stranger if you ever had to. Hope to God you never do. It bothers me alot when people are willing to spend 10000.00 on a sled and alot more on mods but safety and gear gets swept under the table as no big deal. We as a group need to push each other to have fun with the correct safety gear and TRAINING to know how to use your gear and read terrain.

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
the burandt bag probably doesn't have a shovel compartment becasue chris doesn't ride with a shovel or probe or beacon.

atleast the 3 days i rode with burandt he didn't have any gear at all. nothing nada not even an pocket knife.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
the burandt bag probably doesn't have a shovel compartment becasue chris doesn't ride with a shovel or probe or beacon.

atleast the 3 days i rode with burandt he didn't have any gear at all. nothing nada not even an pocket knife.
Boy that's odd. Isn't it?:face-icon-small-con

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Jerk? I think not!

Dont mean to sound like a jerk!
My point was you only get one chance to save a buddy or a stranger if you ever had to. Hope to God you never do. It bothers me alot when people are willing to spend 10000.00 on a sled and alot more on mods but safety and gear gets swept under the table as no big deal. We as a group need to push each other to have fun with the correct safety gear and TRAINING to know how to use your gear and read terrain.
Sometimes one has to say things a certain way to get their message across. You said it well..........Thanks! :yo:

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
i love these threads where someone asks about mounting a shovel to a sled and then there are the select few that get up on that high horse and try to **** on the original poster by saying "man you dumb f*ckin R8tard... CARRY IT ON YOUR BACK OR EVERYONE ON THE MOUNTAIN WILL DIE THAT DAY!!!". good hell people.. answer the damn question and move on!

to the topic, collapsable shovel is the only way i see to keep a shovel in the burandt bag.

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
i love these threads where someone asks about mounting a shovel to a sled and then there are the select few that get up on that high horse and try to **** on the original poster by saying "man you dumb f*ckin R8tard... CARRY IT ON YOUR BACK OR EVERYONE ON THE MOUNTAIN WILL DIE THAT DAY!!!". good hell people.. answer the damn question and move on!

to the topic, collapsable shovel is the only way i see to keep a shovel in the burandt bag.

Amen Brother!! Glad you said what many of us are thinking! Getting tired of the soap boxers!

G

gcmci

Nov 21, 2007
Springfield,Oregon
www.gregcoenmc.com

Same here, he did have a bunch of hot pockets warming up in the hotdogger

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
Thanks I'm looking into it now!!

You will love it! its very lite and small, after a few rides with it you wont even know its on. In fact I did some spring riding without it and felt like something wasn't right, so the next day I put it back on and felt more in place. If you buy it and hate it PM me and I am sure my kid would snap it up in a heart beat his pack is a full size one and he has been looking for a deal on a smaller one.

Premium Features