• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

has anyone weighed the 2013s yet?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Wondering if anyone has put the production 800 155/163s on the scales yet. Curious about the wet, ready to ride actual weight.

L
Nov 25, 2010
W. Washington
Don't know how to attach a link to this post, but at the bottom of this page where there are related threads, there is a thread by Carl's cycle. They weighed a '13 pro demo sled along with a '12 pro, a '12 cat & a '12 doo. I know it's not a production sled, but gives you a pretty good idea.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Oh we all know it's light! I was curious if a dealer had put one on the scales ready to ride yet with full production models.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
And.....this is the introduction to the posts that will follow with why we should weigh with full RTR. Let the chit barrage start.

Personally I like the way Carls Cycle weighs (everything but fuel). It just takes out the variable of different sized tanks.

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
And.....this is the introduction to the posts that will follow with why we should weigh with full RTR. Let the chit barrage start.

Personally I like the way Carls Cycle weighs (everything but fuel). It just takes out the variable of different sized tanks.

Which is retarded because when you ride you start with a full tank and if it's smaller or uses more fuel you will have gas strapped on the tunnel as well.

Brutis20

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Well everyone knows what fuel weighs so its an easy one to calculate, I also like the way Carls does it, easy and makes sense.

Your right fuel is RTR but its a variable that doesnt need to be included, plus I would think we should be judging by performance and feel of the sled, not the scale numbers.

I was just waiting for this post to start up this year!

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Of course it's a debatable topic. Always is every year. I was just more curious to see what the actual weight was aside from the marketing hype "dry" weights which we all know are subjective....

J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
Of course it's a debatable topic. Always is every year. I was just more curious to see what the actual weight was aside from the marketing hype "dry" weights which we all know are subjective....

Read the link above, sleds are full of everything except gas! Not dry weights....

"We had a 2013 PRO 155" in the store this week and put it on the scales. It came in 16lbs lighter than the 2012. This sled is a demo and has 700 miles in it.

We weigh sleds "wet" which means full of antifreeze, oil reservoir topped off and chaincase fluid(which there is non on the 2013 PRO). The gas tank is completely drained.

The weights below were all measured on our scales(Longacre Racing Products computer scales) and these are "wet" weights. All sleds were new and assembled out of the crate, except for the 2013 PRO which has 700 miles on it.

2013 PRO 155" 438 lbs
2012 PRO 155" 454 lbs
2012 M8 153" 496 lbs
2012 ETEC 800 154" 501 lbs"

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Read the link above, sleds are full of everything except gas! Not dry weights....

"We had a 2013 PRO 155" in the store this week and put it on the scales. It came in 16lbs lighter than the 2012. This sled is a demo and has 700 miles in it.

We weigh sleds "wet" which means full of antifreeze, oil reservoir topped off and chaincase fluid(which there is non on the 2013 PRO). The gas tank is completely drained.

The weights below were all measured on our scales(Longacre Racing Products computer scales) and these are "wet" weights. All sleds were new and assembled out of the crate, except for the 2013 PRO which has 700 miles on it.

2013 PRO 155" 438 lbs
2012 PRO 155" 454 lbs
2012 M8 153" 496 lbs
2012 ETEC 800 154" 501 lbs"

Looking for a production weight not prototype. Unless you've been riding in south America I'm thinking 700 miles means spring prototype.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Yaawn.. who cares, its the lightest and best sled on the market we all know that! This is just one of those threads that will drag out for a week argueing about dry and wet weights.. save us the pain and just agree we own the greatest sled to date ever made!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Looking for a production weight not prototype. Unless you've been riding in south America I'm thinking 700 miles means spring prototype.
nope..polaris over the last 3-4 yrs has been using vinned sleds for the spring demos..which means they arnt prototypes..if they used protos, they would have a red sticker on the tunnel and no vins...all the demo sleds are vinned 2013 sleds..actual production sleds....

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
nope..polaris over the last 3-4 yrs has been using vinned sleds for the spring demos..which means they arnt prototypes..if they used protos, they would have a red sticker on the tunnel and no vins...all the demo sleds are vinned 2013 sleds..actual production sleds....

Polaris was using VIN'd sleds for their Spring Demos at least as far back as '98, Because I bought it. It was setup with much more care and precision than the normal assembly line sleds. Shims between the steering arm and the tie rod end to achieve zero bump steer, they spent hours on the setup of that sled to try a woo customers to snow check, and that's when they had the market cornered, and likely why they had the market cornered. We can only hope they have learned from their mistakes and returned to building the best sleds.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I'm pretty sure RTR (full everything) is on the tunnel sticker now. And it's legal.

Then you can add or subtract fuel weight differences depending on which way you want to go LOL.

Or, as stated above, we have the lightested and best sled on the snow no matter what snowmobiler thinks.
Highmarking is so old school. If that is what you and Granny like to do snowmobiler, just get her to spring for a turbo for you.

Premium Features