• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Something cool we are testing for the Pro

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
We are running this proto-type a-arm kit from Skinz this season. Thought some of you may like to see them.

Top Arms - Aircraft Aluminum
Lower Arms - Chromoly

Stronger and lighter than stock. Can't wait to see how they hold up over the season.

2012-09-09_07-33-03_858_zpsa81ff04d.jpg

2012-09-09_07-32-47_876_zps17a197b0.jpg

2012-09-09_07-32-38_654_zpsac9561e5.jpg

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Those look absolutely amazing...

The chromoly just made me think about having my stock arms cryo froze, but if these aren't to pricy I would just buy them instead.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Clearly, you'll need the Alaska seal of approval for your marketing.

Now, ordinarily, I get the big bucks for crash testing sleds and sled parts but I will waive my fee in this case.

Just send up a set (black please) and I'll put at least 1,200 miles on them and provide you with post-ride performance summaries throughout the season.

You're welcome.

S

sledaddiction

Jul 23, 2012
Wyo

Now, ordinarily, I get the big bucks for crash testing sleds and sled parts but I will waive my fee in this case.

Just send up a set (black please) and I'll put at least 1,200 miles on them and provide you with post-ride performance summaries throughout the season.

You're welcome.

LMAO. That's good stuff

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I like those.

Would like to see some side by side pictures.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
How much money?

Don't know this was the first pair made, cost won't come into play until they proved them and go into production.

So is this the same concept as the skinz concept front end for the nytro?

Similar but the Pro doesn't need to be "fixed" as much as the others so there is only a minor adjustment in ski position.

You're welcome.

WOW, sounds like we overlooked you......sorry I thought we sent a set out to you. Oh that's right we didn't because I have the only set in existence.:face-icon-small-hap Love the post though. :rockon:

werry good looking :)

I love the look!

I hope they earned a lesson with the Nytro IFS and put 5/8" or larger heim joint in the bottom A-arm instead of the cheap 1/2" that they used on the Nytro.

The 1/2" would have been fine since it was supplier issue.

TBD

Cool stuff Paul.......nice sled.

Thanks D!

I like those.

Would like to see some side by side pictures.

Sleds back in the trailer but I'll snap one when it comes out next time.

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK

You're welcome.

To save on Shipping send a second set and I will put them through the fat boy test. My current arms are customized with these specific dents in them just for me. I also put 1200 to 1600 miles on per season and am happy to crash through trees & rocks for your needs.

H

hurricane2

Nov 27, 2007
Why do these aftermarket A-arm builders insist on using a hiem joint designed to be strong in tension in a place (lower A-arm) with high shear forces? It makes no sense. It is not lighter, just weak and cheaper to produce. Make a set with a spherical bearing pressed into the lower arm itself and I would by a set.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
To save on Shipping send a second set and I will put them through the fat boy test. My current arms are customized with these specific dents in them just for me. I also put 1200 to 1600 miles on per season and am happy to crash through trees & rocks for your needs.

Will do, I'll send it out last Monday. :face-icon-small-win

A

assault11

Jan 14, 2011
Red deer, Alberta
Why do these aftermarket A-arm builders insist on using a hiem joint designed to be strong in tension in a place (lower A-arm) with high shear forces? It makes no sense. It is not lighter, just weak and cheaper to produce. Make a set with a spherical bearing pressed into the lower arm itself and I would by a set.

That's how holtz are

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Saw these at the snow show yesterday.

Absolutely disgusting looking!

I hope they perform as good as they look

Premium Features