• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Good Turbo Kit! Things to look for---

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
Ok guys here we go, I see alot of bashing and so forth on the forum about who has what and who is who etc: Lets try and clarify some things.
Im not starting a bash fest or anything, just looking to help out the guys who have not had a kit or are misinformed on what they are buying. Ive had alot of calls from customers asking which way to go so here let me help you out.

What should you look for in a turbo kit?

1) Good Quality Parts-- cleanliness

2) Good proven clutching (field tested )

3) Cold charge temps (cooler the better) for every 10 degrees charge temp you gain roughly 1% power

4) Has it been tested thoroughly

5) Design of the kit - spool speed, reliability, consistency is a huge one!

6) Fueling--- The fueling has to be spot on and consistent from sea level to 13000ft

7) Ignition control-- You absolutely positively should not purchase a turbo kit without full ignition control--PROVEN

8)ON/Off throttle response- Depends on turbo,fueling ,ignition and of course a few other factors

9)Bottom end Throttle- out of the gate throttle needs to be there for diving into a creek and then blowing back out etc!

10) Technical and customer support

11) Horsepower and Torque -How much power are you really making (are they inflated)? Make sure you understand!

12) Pricing- Pricing makes alot of people decision for them-- make sure when you are buying a kit to look at what you are receiving before you pay for it. Cheaper is definitely not always better!

13) AND BOTTOM LINE! FIELD TESTED!

I spoke with a couple big shop guys in Canada and The U.S. yesterday that are also completely fed up with the guys who push stuff out the door and make promises that will never come true. Please, please do your research before you buy a kit. Im sure that I am missing a few things here so guys feel free to add to this post ! Heres to a Happy issue free season!:beer;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features