• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CE #9175 Suggestions

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
How many guys have changed to the new CE 9175? I have a PC but was looking at a change. Don't want to waste my $ if its not a good idea. I have been reading for the last 2hr on the old posts. but was not sure how many have ran the new style? I ride in the interior of BC Canada in the Okanagan/shuswap area..

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
IMO, that's the track to beat in CO.

Honestly, it does pretty much everything well, and doesn't seem to have the few Achilles heels that the PC does.

Got a few buddies with them, and this year I'll have one on my PC.

Richey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I would like to know the answer to this question to. I'm going to a 162 track this year and can't decide if it is worth the extra money to go with a camo extreme over a good used power claw.

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
I had a 162 extreme on my turbo yamaha and it was awsome. You could just about stop comeing down hill. It trenshed a bit wich only sucked for people behind me :face-icon-small-ton . Im going to put a extreme on my m8 but doing the motor this year and dont have the extra cash or it would be on already. But im gona stick to the 153, it'll go any were i want with the 153 just not nice comeing down with the pc.

K

kllongbrake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 29, 2009
Have 2 162 1000s one with PC and one with 2.5 extreme. I would like to burn the PC but can't afford to buy another 2.5

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
I am not overly impressed with the PC on my M8 after having an Extreme on my Mountain Cat. I am on the other side of WA state but I'm sure our northwest snow is wetter and heavier than down in Utah and Colorado.

If I wasn't so darn cheap I would switch back to the Extreme right away!

spag900

Premium Member
Dec 15, 2007
Went to the CE 2.5 on my M8 last fall, love it!!! It doesn't feel like I'm driving a jeep on black ice anymore when I go downhill!!! Seriously moves way more snow, no gearing and still have the needed clearances. Just my 2 cents

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
I just mounted a powerclaw

Wow, i heard so many reviews that said get a powerclaw, now its a different track? my worry is not going down hill, good experiences so far.

Anyway stuck with the PC for now but I ride Baker, gold creek and Greenwater.

I just made some ski brakes out of old belts if the track won't do the job I can pretty much go down most hills with the ski brakes.

I try and take the difficult uphills and find the easy downhills.

Ian

Superduty348

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
BC
I made the switch last year to the C/E 9175 also and love it . It works better in all aspects, climbs higher and stops going down hill. I say go for it, I also ride in the BC interior also

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I just measured a new 2.25 powerclaw vs a new 2.6 powerclaw. The standard 2.25 powerclaw is only 2.25" at the very inside of the paddle in the middle of the track. The rest of the points on all the paddles toward the outside of the track measures ~2.10". The new 2.6" powerclaw is about 2.6" or more at most all points from what I measured. I'd say a good amount of area on the paddle and claw fingers are 1/2" longer on this new 2.6 vs the old 2.25. Big difference when you are comparing the old "2.25" powerclaw to a 2.5 camo extreme IMO.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I don't know about the new C/E, but my old one on my King Cat was impressive in that, as written above, you could almost STOP on super steep downhills, I had to watch behind me to make sure guys didn't hit me when screwing around slowing down on downhills. The Powder Claw on my 2012 Cat was just scary going downhill. Hated it.

Premium Features