• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

grass drags

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I believe it is september 22, but we r running some in Union Gap,Wa at Fullbright Park on August 11,12 & September 22,23 & October 13

That's good to know... they stopped doing the drags in Moxee right about the same time I got into sledding, I'd love to see some locally!:face-icon-small-hap

Nov 30, 2007
Yakima,Wa.
If we get enough sleds together, we can run today too. This was supposed to be our first race this weekend but only 3 of us showed up, there will be lots of other stuff going on today too like go-cart racing, Lawnmowers, ATV,UTV races at the flat track & obstacle course too I believe. So come on down, gates open at 9am with racing at 11 or so

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
That's good to know... they stopped doing the drags in Moxee right about the same time I got into sledding, I'd love to see some locally!:face-icon-small-hap

Yes, I had no idea they still had drags in the Yakima area.

I still go to the Moxee Hop Festival every year to see the vintage sleds on display. I actually won a car there a couple years ago.

Nov 30, 2007
Yakima,Wa.
Call Tony from Whiplash Sports at 509-910-0712, tell him that you got his info from me (Kenny Murphy) & he will tell ya everything you need to know, we r really trying to get some sleds out there so that it can get off the ground but it will be advertised 2 weeks prior to the August race on tv & radio, we shot some footage today with GoPros & will have videos shortly to help with advertising too

Nov 30, 2007
Yakima,Wa.
Also in the RACING category under Snowtalk I listed a schedule & more info, its in the post of GRASS Drag Info Request, thanks guys I hope we get a lot more sleds out there cause its a pretty nice facility & we want to keep it going, maybe even a few races in the winter too

Last edited:

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Call Tony from Whiplash Sports at 509-910-0712, tell him that you got his info from me (Kenny Murphy) & he will tell ya everything you need to know, we r really trying to get some sleds out there so that it can get off the ground but it will be advertised 2 weeks prior to the August race on tv & radio, we shot some footage today with GoPros & will have videos shortly to help with advertising too

Aha! I should have known it was Tony! I'll have to give him a call and give him a hard time! :face-icon-small-ton

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
ahhh back in the day of the hot rod ISR legal improved and pro stock sleds.... legal weight, full traction... man these sled hauled butt... super quick... a properly tuned improve stock 600 would eat untractioned turbos and bottle fed sled...

Moxee, WA many years ago

moxee03003.jpg

Premium Features