• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T cans

dejadoo

Lifetime Membership
Looking for reports on M1100T cans, did a search and not much posted lately.
I went with a Speedwerx(wanted a quiet one)and couldn't get ceramic, so ended up with black and my side panel and top of my belly pan are pretty much a puddle now. I am going to try something else, a little louder would be OK, no heat problems and weight reduction the most important.
What works best?

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
I also have the speedwerx can on mine and my plastic melted real bad too. I have a vent kit and heat taped the inside of the pannle and put hedder wrap around the can and it stopped the melting issue. I also know that the d&d can will melt the pannle also. Ive heard that the people running straight pipes are not having melting problems. Hope this helps.

SEAKM8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
AK
I have a D&D barker. It's not really that much louder and I have no problems with melting.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Turbo dynamics can on mine since day 1, great sound no heat issues and stainless steel, I believe they used vibrant for the muffler. now just need the larger turbo pipe and I'll be at 200hp or darn close.

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
I have the D&D. No melted panels but the top cracked out on it. New one should be here today or tomorrow on warranty. Not to loud and it sounds good!

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
M1100T muffler

I don't have any problems with my DD big barker muffler, it sounds good, is ceramic coated and and hasn't melted anything yet.

D

Dirty10

Nov 26, 2007
LaGrande, OR
I am running quiet BMP and boost tubes, great performance and no melting. Much quieter then the darker. It doesnt even get hot enough in the middle of the can to warm up my hot pocket in the hotdogger?? I also have the 9 piece moutain fit vents.

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
Another vote for the D&D Barker.
Mine is a ceramic coated stage II which is middle ground for sound.
No heat or melting, plus really light and builds HP!

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
In looking at the stock can, I see there is insulation under the first coat of stainless....

HEAT!

I think any aftermarket can will make more heat under the hood than stock, UNLESS it is ceramic coated or header taped.

I will be looking for a can that is ceramic coated.........

That weeds out Speedwerx and who else?

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Correct me if im wrong, but that stock can on my turbo is not stainless by an means, which is why they have to wrap with insulation and cover it a thin layer of sheet metal. Stainless will not absorb the heat as much. I have had NO heat issues with the all stainless exhaust.

In looking at the stock can, I see there is insulation under the first coat of stainless....

HEAT!

I think any aftermarket can will make more heat under the hood than stock, UNLESS it is ceramic coated or header taped.

I will be looking for a can that is ceramic coated.........

That weeds out Speedwerx and who else?

Premium Features