• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt drive kit for 11 and 12's

D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
Well done C3. I think you will be selling alot of these conversions. The Polaris demolition team is probably on their way to your shop right now. Hope you have the plans secured somewhere safe. :face-icon-small-win

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
C3 is just releasing our pre production Syncrodrive Kit for the Polaris Pro 2011-12 models. This is a picture of the prototype which is now on the snow for testing. We are taking orders on production kits which will be available in approximately 4 weeks. The retail price will be $950 but I will be running an introductory offer until Aug of $875. Stock as well as other gear ratios are available.

We have been making the XP SyncrDrive kit for three years now and some of the first kits we sold have over 10,000km (6000mi) on the original belt. If you stick with the same gear ratio that you currently have you harder acceleration like you geared down and higher top speed like you geared up. When you push the sled off the truck it roles further because of less rolling resistance.

Every OEM sled will have a belt drive in the next 5 years but you can have one now.

Very nice!

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
C3 -
Are you seeing about the same weight loss Polaris is claiming? Somewhere in that 5-6 lb range? I assume everything a person would need is included in the kit. That is GREAT news. I will be ordering one from you and keeping my '12 because there is no way I can upgrade to a '13 for anything less than $3000 here in MN...

Joe

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
C3 is just releasing our pre production Syncrodrive Kit for the Polaris Pro 2011-12 models. This is a picture of the prototype which is now on the snow for testing. We are taking orders on production kits which will be available in approximately 4 weeks. The retail price will be $950 but I will be running an introductory offer until Aug of $875. Stock as well as other gear ratios are available.

We have been making the XP SyncrDrive kit for three years now and some of the first kits we sold have over 10,000km (6000mi) on the original belt. If you stick with the same gear ratio that you currently have you harder acceleration like you geared down and higher top speed like you geared up. When you push the sled off the truck it roles further because of less rolling resistance.

Every OEM sled will have a belt drive in the next 5 years but you can have one now.

Are you seeing the "less effort" it takes to toss the sled around vs it with the chain case? nice clean setup. looks like a fast switch too!

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
C3 Answers

I am doing an IQ and should have the prototype done in a couple of days.

We are only seeing 4 lb saving because we add the tensioner to allow easy gear changes but the same benefits as fare as acceleration and top speed.

Only 3 belts have broke out of 300 units and one of them was on and 450+ HP 1200 4 stroke turbo. Everyone is always worried about not having a brake if a belt breaks but belts do not break going down hill. The other belts broke under what was explained as normal riding conditions but I expect that the may have been damaged prior to installation. If the carbon belts are bent sharper than a 3" radius it will damage the carbon cords inside the belt.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
The way I looked at it was instead of spending 1,000 dollars to upgrade to the belt drive on my 12 Pro and another 250-300 dollars for the running boards or 500 for airframes, I would spend that 1250-1500 dollars on the 13 pro. So I ended up snowchecking one. My guess is even if the do end up offering a kit or just piecing the parts out, I wouldn't expect the parts to be available before the riding season starts. My guess would be end of December or in January.

Wow that is a nice trade in value! Dealer up in Northern Alberta told me the difference from my 2012 163" Orange Snow Check Pro with 300miles (mint) would be $4500.00 plus tax. Told him to stick the 13 up his azzz, I will keep my 12.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
my buddies are running these on their XPs this year seem to work good
a few rides ago my buddy wanted to see if his track was tight enough (he'd just adjusted it) so we laid it on its side and i started pulling on the track and i could'nt believe how easy the track would rotate i figured the tension had to be lose but it was pretty much spot on thats when i started thinking that this polaris belt drive hype might not be all hype :face-icon-small-win
anyway just my experience

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
I am doing an IQ and should have the prototype done in a couple of days.

We are only seeing 4 lb saving because we add the tensioner to allow easy gear changes but the same benefits as fare as acceleration and top speed.

Only 3 belts have broke out of 300 units and one of them was on and 450+ HP 1200 4 stroke turbo. Everyone is always worried about not having a brake if a belt breaks but belts do not break going down hill. The other belts broke under what was explained as normal riding conditions but I expect that the may have been damaged prior to installation. If the carbon belts are bent sharper than a 3" radius it will damage the carbon cords inside the belt.

About how long or how difficult is the installation?? Also curious about R_N_8's question, are you noticing it takes less effort to lay it over"? TX

J

Joe57

Mar 6, 2008
upper Green Wyo..........
Except for the fact that the belt drive looks cool and maybe a little lighter, why spend a grand to retro it , so far I've heard of no chaincase failures and its only a hand full of people who ever even change the fluid out in the life of a sled, there are xlts that have never had it changed

I changed the Chain case oil @ 400 miles rideing friend did also..............2112 Pro's

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Joe, you are an exceptional one for doing that so many don't but what I was getting at. Is it's in our nature as sleders of the mountains to want more hp and less weight( performance) cuz thats why we like sledding, the thrill of speed and such . I was just saying maybe now that mother poo has given us a great sled why waste the money on something that 80% of riders won't be able to tell if it works. Add v-force reeds = $275.00 for a half sled length in 500 ft at sea level, spend $1000.00 for pipe and can for 14 hp on top end when only a few riders ride at full throttle more than 5% of the time. Just saying put some miles on what you got and when it's wore out get the new. 2 things I love to throw money at are my sled and my boat. IMO

R

Revenger

Sep 3, 2010

Hi. Do you still have the outer bearing behind the brake rotor?

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Installation is easy (my nine year old could do it) and it takes about 45 min. It improves many aspects of the sled including taking less effort to lay over.
Sounds very tempting. What would this installation do to an extented warranty? Lets say your motor went boom!:face-icon-small-fro
I would think you could recover some of this cost of this kit by selling the chain, chain case, adjuster, and gears.:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features