• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Show me, dont tell me. Video Proof Requested

T

Team 108

Sep 19, 2011
So im getting a little tired of all the supposed experts around here. This works that doesnt, kmod this ez ryde that, gotta have these , dont get those, and your track sucks. How do I know that you dont suck? Unless your name is Erik Vohk, Im not going to take your word for it!

If you want to prove that some product really works, show us some video evidence or at least show us how u ride. That way we will know if your testimony is bs or not.

08 M8, stocker. Only upgrades are 09 foot boards, steering, and seat. Ripping the **** out of it!! Oh yeah, ive only been riding for 2 years. (and might be better than you) What do you got? (im in the orange jacket).
http://youtu.be/I_zw_ZGFYQI
http://youtu.be/ZcYSVAivVGY

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
nice videos but redundant thread.
the videos arent going to show you much if they changed somthing. except maybe that it made it easier to sidehill but you wouldnt be able to tell somthing like that. believe who you want and try what you want. the guys on here know alot and i take every chance i can to learn a bit from them.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
nice videos but redundant thread.
the videos arent going to show you much if they changed somthing. except maybe that it made it easier to sidehill but you wouldnt be able to tell somthing like that. believe who you want and try what you want. the guys on here know alot and i take every chance i can to learn a bit from them.

At least you are humble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What they said.

I'll play. Look below. A picture is worth a 1,000 words.
Simmons skis. Keep the sled on top of the snow (or rock wall behind the sled)
K MOD did not keep the skis down on the ground (or waterfall in this case).
Raptor shocks made it all nice ( or was that the tree?)

RapidCreekwaterfalls.jpg

J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
So im getting a little tired of all the supposed experts around here. This works that doesnt, kmod this ez ryde that, gotta have these , dont get those, and your track sucks. How do I know that you dont suck? Unless your name is Erik Vohk, Im not going to take your word for it!

If you want to prove that some product really works, show us some video evidence or at least show us how u ride. That way we will know if your testimony is bs or not.

08 M8, stocker. Only upgrades are 09 foot boards, steering, and seat. Ripping the **** out of it!! Oh yeah, ive only been riding for 2 years. (and might be better than you) What do you got? (im in the orange jacket).

so just because im an inexperienced mountain rider with less skill than you, i cant share my experience about a product? that is what is so great about this site is getting people's opinions. you can then gather up all of the opinions on a given item and make up your own mind. i do enjoy your videos minus the music though. i like to hear the sleds myself.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon

go pound salt..if this forum is our only place to be a hero you ain;t gonna ruin it...lol..

now is it just my eyes or do i NOT see a shovel/probe in your and your fellow riders non existant backpack..??

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I could see this as a question or a cocky statement.
One way to see it
You just want to see whats out there and would like proof or videos or whatever but come off as a complete punk, (trust me I know, way better at then you)
Or your just a punk.
Anyway, If I wasn't to busy spending money on my sled and could spend some on video equipment I would prob have something to come back with other than words, so touche for putting it up.
But if you want to go even farther with your skills, come over and I'll let you hold the camera. and you can refresh me on being a punk.
Or give it 2 yrs let your balls drop and see how you feel.
Theres some gas for the fire
Serious though, if your around come ride and you can see it first hand. I'll show you what a kmod and other mods do and let you check it out for yourself. Along with riding that will take you to another level.

NO AVY GEAR> NO RIDE

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
so as an after thought i guess you ain;t happy just telling the fella;s how great a gal she is ...you show videos..

hmmm...PM me..i will give ya a mailing address..

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
NO AVY GEAR> NO RIDE

THAT right there tells me a TON about a rider.

personally, maybe it's because I'm on here a lot & I know lots of these guys on gheybook or just from talking over the years, but I feel you can separate the real riders from the other guys pretty easily.

Here's the thing though... how good do you need to be to say "mod X made skill Y easier for ME"... I could have my little sister hop on two sleds & tell you which one was easier with a bit of time in. Sometimes the better riders are the OPPOSITE, they can do it with anything, so they don't feel the little differences that just make it barely possible for a hack like you & I!!!

Riding with CB couple years ago, a buddy of mine couldn't make a line on his crossfire... was dumb enough to tell CB that he could make the line because he was on a turbo...:face-icon-small-sho Chris took his sled, made the line look like cake... so did the sled get better because the SLED could do it?

99% of what is said is not skill based on here. a thread about how well a suspension setup takes abuse... maybe a pic like this give you an idea where someone is coming from
182490_1578863873578_1295088056_31288660_588521_n.jpg

So maybe I need to post this shot from my back yard next time I say whether a shock works for me??? No, take the advise given, add however many grains of salt you need to, and use it however you want.

you want to know what works... ask my 100 lb wife... she probably goes bigger than 99% on here... is she the expert then???

185638_1579008157185_1295088056_31288812_3131267_n.jpg

Last edited:
S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
I just wish I could keep up to the video cameras of today. Fortunately I spend most of my time in the mtns on my $25,000 2011 couch watchin' the filmakers :)

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Ok heres my suggestion. Delete this whole tread and post a new 1 that says. "check out these couple vids our Krew made". That way all the snowesters dont make ya feel like a Bozo for Thread-Boasting. .02.............................cents

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
TEAM108
OMG..What is on the back of Mr. Yellow dude? I'd ride with him because the still picture shows he has class and skill.

You know what's funny, I'm the guy who's always pushing people about avy gear, and just last night I realized that I wasn't wearing a pack in that pic with the cornice!!! Goes to show you that having some big pack with a ton of crap is useless if you don't wear it! (I used to take it off for bigger drops/ jumps, now I wear it all the time)

Premium Features