• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A humble reminder

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
Had a humbling experience today. Smoot and I were exploring some new area and quickly got into a very sticky situation. No need for more description, video says it all.

There might be some cursing :)

Also, the avy danger was at a level 2 for Logan, with no pockets of Level 3. Hindsight, we still shouldn't have been on it, just a reminder that even when the danger is low, stuff can still happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0EpUpSSgLM&feature=g-upl&context=G22373e5AUAAAAAAAAAA

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Wow very luck glad you guys are ok. Thx for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
man tanner and nate I'm glad you both are ok! keep holding down the fort so we can go shred this weekend! wish i was home

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
at least you were going from the top down. i'm glad you/your friend was able to catch a tree up high.
You and me both! From the top it didn't look like it would be that bad of a decent, didn't really look that steep. Neither of us had been there before. But when we got to the bottom and looked at the hill, we realized we shouldn't have been there. We both had been watching the Avy danger all week and it was going down, but there was still some fresh snow, and I don't think anyone had been there all year. We got SUPER LUCKY!

On a side note, who has the best deals on an Avalanche Airbag system? :) It may be time to invest.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
this is proof that Doo has got to drop some weight there gonna get someone killed :boink:

On a serious note I'm glad that I don't have 2 funerals to attend later this week...

ride safe you 2:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features