• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Togwotee helicopter crash killing snowmobiler & rescuers

P

polaris6

Jan 4, 2004
My God, our group left yesterday from Togwotee after being there a week with those guys from Minnesota. My heart goes out to those families that lost their loved ones.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The way I read the article, the snowmobiler was not in the chopper. He died for reasons still unknown, but likely related to the call for help.

Either way, it's a terrible situation.

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
Sad day here in Central MN. Sledder was from a town 30 miles from me. Top of chute, sled flipped on top of sledder, knocked him out and both sled and rider fell down chute.

Thundy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bird Island, MN
Its to bad they didnt respond back to the sledder right away after the chopper went down. Sounds like they forgot about him till the rescuers were rescued, and by then it was too late.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Central MN
Truly a sad day. I had been outwest many times previous with the parties involved. RIP Steve. Ryan, Justin, Dean and the rest of the Anderson Family you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Also to the resucer who lost their life may they also rest in peace.

Last edited:
P
Sep 14, 2010
North Dakota
Its to bad they didnt respond back to the sledder right away after the chopper went down. Sounds like they forgot about him till the rescuers were rescued, and by then it was too late.

Being on a rescue team at work, a local search and rescue team, and the fire department I can totally understand GOING AFTER THEIR OWN FIRST!
As anyone on a fire dept knows that is standard operating procedure of most all dept's for a good reason!!!!

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Being on a rescue team at work, a local search and rescue team, and the fire department I can totally understand GOING AFTER THEIR OWN FIRST!
As anyone on a fire dept knows that is standard operating procedure of most all dept's for a good reason!!!!

Sounds like a worst case scenario unfolded right there on the mountain. Very unfortunate series of events that make it hard to rescue all that needed help. RIP to those whose lost their life and condolences to the friends and families of the victims.

Premium Features