• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another perspective

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
So, I just spent a week in West Yellowstone with a bunch of friends, they brought a BUNCH, a lot, more than a few, dozens, truck loads of new Pro Climbs, some had 0 miles and some had hundreds of miles. with all the negative posts on here I was expecting to be towing in broken sleds everyday and wrenching all night, I even told them to bring extra belts just in case................................well it just didn't happen.

After 6 days of riding:
I saw 2 belts break on M800s but they both had over 500 miles on them.

I think all the 800 HCRs got hot because of the dry snow and blew the clear fill hose but they were fixed and everybody got to ride

One 1100T had fuel pick up issues but a Cat engineer came right to our hotel and fixed the smart valve ( Have you ever seen a Polaris or Skidoo engineer do that!)

Thats it, no blown or seized motors, no broken oil pumps, no crash's from the steering falling apart, no exploded gear box's, nothing fell off

We do this trip every year and really there were less issues this year than previous years, for a first year sled I thought it did pretty good, the HCR hoses where the biggest issue but it was very cold and dry in West

My own sled has 950 miles on it,M800 Retro, 800 miles on the original belt ( still looks good and now my spare) and 150 on second belt, I only switched belts to put some miles on second belt because I dont like to put new belts on in the field. It is stock with some clutching to suit me, in 950 miles I have only added Gas and Oil:face-icon-small-coo

So flame away, yes I would change some things if I could but for a first year sled that was probably rushed to market because of the 50th anniversary it has been very reliable for me and my friends. :typing:

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Dave... the only thing I've got to say about that is: IF you're going to make a post explaining how trouble free the new cat was... and then you say that a cat engineer came to your hotel to fix something, you look just SLIGHTLY biased...

Kind of hard to take you as unbiased when you've got access to a cat engineer...

either way, the rate of sleds with issues here is about 50/50... so maybe you just all fell in the GOOD 50!!!:face-icon-small-hap

That... or you just ride like a panzy... (my vote is on that one:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton)

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
aside from a belt every 2 rides, mine has run flawless, and now with that possibly being fixed, ill just be fine tuning it for my riding style!

im really stoked about the extra year warranty!

-Aksnopro

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
One 1100T had fuel pick up issues but a Cat engineer came right to our hotel and fixed the DUMB valve ( Have you ever seen a Polaris or Skidoo engineer do that!)

here fixed this part for you....my dumb valves have had a real problem sticking closed....and its not from bad fuel. I am curious what the engineer found was the problem when he tore into it.
On my sled when the front one snaps shut from coming out of the fuel (so hill climb at 1/2 tank or less) like it is designed to do sometimes it doesnt re-open. There is a pin on the top of the diaphragm that sticks up into the 90deg fitting that goes to the rear two valves so if the front one sticks closed it restricts fuel to the pump and starves it out. I have added a T above the front valve to allow full flow from the rear two when going uphill...

Anyways thats awesome he helped you out because getting at those valves is a PITA! And are you talking about the coolant fill hose on the HCR's? Good to hear some folks are having good luck with their sleds!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Dave... the only thing I've got to say about that is: IF you're going to make a post explaining how trouble free the new cat was... and then you say that a cat engineer came to your hotel to fix something, you look just SLIGHTLY biased...

Kind of hard to take you as unbiased when you've got access to a cat engineer...

either way, the rate of sleds with issues here is about 50/50... so maybe you just all fell in the GOOD 50!!!:face-icon-small-hap

That... or you just ride like a panzy... (my vote is on that one:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton)

I don't think I have ever bragged or pounded my chest about my riding:face-icon-small-ton

Just posting what saw and from what I saw its not any where near 50/50, we seldom hear from those that are happy with something

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
aside from a belt every 2 rides

AK send me a PM with your address if you cover some shipping I will send you the prototype torque arm off my sled to try... i know you have been struggling with this issue more than most on here so its worth a shot!

Last edited:
S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander

How did you get a hold of the cat engineer?

C

Crusty82

Jan 27, 2010
What is the problem with the clear hose on HCR? Is it fill hose that goes to the coolant cap? What is the fix?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
How did you get a hold of the cat engineer?

We shot off a Cat Care flare and a black helicopter appeared in the sky and landed in the parking lot. A man in dark glasses got out and fixed our problem then disappeared again. He never spoke a word:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
What is the problem with the clear hose on HCR? Is it fill hose that goes to the coolant cap? What is the fix?

They have less cooling capacity and can get hot. Your dealer should know more.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
We shot off a Cat Care flare and a black helicopter appeared in the sky and landed in the parking lot. A man in dark glasses got out and fixed our problem then disappeared again. He never spoke a word:face-icon-small-coo

I would have thought that you could have used the "CAT PHONE" and they would have come to the rescue.

Either way glad to hear that all it good. Far to many people complaining. I mean I could complain if I wanted to. . . my clutching on my sled is mediocre at best, reverse is silly, skis suck, vertical steering should have been on it to start out with. But in reality it was a decent sled stock. .. It will be a superior sled with clutching, skis, 38" stance, vertical steering, and the ezjacker.

Can you send me a couple cat care flares? I didn't get any in my tool kit. LOL

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
Don't tell AC!

I wouldn't be posting anything on the internet that the proclimbs aren't plagued with problems. Arctic Cat might just take that extra year of warranty they just announced away from you and the free belt.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I wouldn't be posting anything on the internet that the proclimbs aren't plagued with problems. Arctic Cat might just take that extra year of warranty they just announced away from you and the free belt.

I'm not worried about warranty I trade every year anyway and the belt is in the mail:face-icon-small-coo

And I am sure they are watching, I know they are, every large company has a person watching the media these days, we have some where I work, upper management gets reports about what’s being said about us every day. Just how you have to do business these days:typing:

B

bacobits

Dec 9, 2007
Laramie, wyo.
Had some rentals around here that have ruptured the clear hose, they were idling too long and overheated, standard m8s.

In a pinch go to your local autoparts store and get a radiator hose for a 86-95 ford 3.0l v6. We got masterpro pn#21933, gates has one also not sure of pn#, damn near an exact fit, just about a inch too long.

Only thing is it's not clear so a little bit of a pita to keep an eye on fluid level.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
DD you godda work for Cat. Don't you. I mean the flares? Where do you get them. Aren't they still backordered?

Personally I have never seen a PC "break a belt". I heard of it on the internet though and I've seen videos and pictures too. I know it is not everybody and I don't think it is just riding style or ability.

If I had an AC engineer's ear I would ask him why are some breaking and some not? I mean "breaking" is a bad word, right? "Pulling strings" (like the M's) "wearing out too fast" (like mine) are okay words, but "breaking" should be a no-no on a stock sled.
Why the difference bud? (I was just pretending like I was talking to the engineer)

Another question if you have the time (just pretending like I'm talking to the engineer again). Are all the clear hoses going to split when they get hot? Did you not spec them to take 16lbs of pressure (like it says on the cap)? Is it possible that there was a run of bad hoses and the HCR's were just there then so your blameing the smaller cooling system?
Oh. wait I know the answer, (I assume), I read it on the 'net and did the Napa hose exchange already (thanks guys), so I don't want those answered 'cause I just get three.

#2 How did you know how to fix the 1100's fuel issue so fast? Your good. I had the "running out of fuel with 1/2 a tank in a climb issue" on mine and had to search the internet to find the "extra T" fix (thanks guys). What did you end up doing?

#3 When are you going to tell your dealers the stuff you already have figured out? I could stop using my search buttom if you did.

Then, I would ('cause I'm devious) get him drunk (at least a little tipsy) and tell him how this is the best chassis I've ever ridden and the motor is to die for and my dealer is the best and you should throw the plastic in the garbage and start again and do you have a laptop, can we turn it on and browse and your the best.
Hey, by the way, you got any of those new belts in your van???

Premium Features