• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why would anyone insure an XP?

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I like them, although I'm a Cat man. I ride with a couple XP and both have been totaled by accidents that should not have been that bad. Nice and lite comared to my Cat , but maybe they need more weight. If insurance rates are averaged, I don't like paying for your insurance.

Owen

S

SledsWest

Sep 4, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
www.quadswest.com
I like them, although I'm a Cat man. I ride with a couple XP and both have been totaled by accidents that should not have been that bad. Nice and lite comared to my Cat , but maybe they need more weight. If insurance rates are averaged, I don't like paying for your insurance.

Owen

BOOHOOO.....Wait until all the claims start coming in from the fragile 2012 Proclimbs.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Well, I don't like the thought that crazy ice fishermen who drop their new pickups through the ice pay the same as I do....so there you go.

If your Cat is that freaking durable, why even have insurance?
I mean hell, you could take on a sequoia & it probably wouldn't even scratch your bumper.

In fact I think the insurance company should pay you because your sled is as durable as a freaking anvil!

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Seems pretty simple, to get a new one after hitting a pine cone. I love insurance, it's paid for 3 new sleds over a 15 year period. Why wouldn't you insure one?

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Boo F-in Whoo...If your heavy azz cat is so bad *** then why would you even be worried about insuring it. I realize your posclimb is eating belts faster than Oprah eats pork rhines and is hurting your wallet but you need to focus your frustration and bitch at cat not XP riders.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Boo F-in Whoo...If your heavy azz cat is so bad *** then why would you even be worried about insuring it. I realize your posclimb is eating belts faster than Oprah eats pork rhines and is hurting your wallet but you need to focus your frustration and bitch at cat not XP riders.

Lol !!!!

M
Nov 13, 2010
I don't know about all insurance companies..... but the one I go through charges different amounts for different sleds. They said that they don't only look at the replacement cost.... but if a sled is more "likely" to have issues or if it is easy to damage then they take that into account. (i don't know where they get their info... and i'm not saying XP's are bad... just that they don't figure all sleds the same)

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I don't know about all insurance companies..... but the one I go through charges different amounts for different sleds. They said that they don't only look at the replacement cost.... but if a sled is more "likely" to have issues or if it is easy to damage then they take that into account. (i don't know where they get their info... and i'm not saying XP's are bad... just that they don't figure all sleds the same)

I guess that explains the super low premiums on my Yamaha.

W

wyoXP

Jan 2, 2010
Wyoming
Really, I'm disappointed in myself that i'm actually responding. Insurance is exactly that, insurance!! Who the hell cares why or what you ride or why you would insure that thing that you are riding. DUH! I know when I read this later i'll be asking myslef, was I drunk when I read this thread and felt the need to respond.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
" real men of genius" in my best budwieser commercial voice, "here's to you, Mr. My cat is so awesome it just can't break.... Even though we know that's the biggest load of cat @$&# ever............ "biggest load ever.......ohhhhhoooooooOO!"

Please......... How many hoods have you bought over the years?

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.

Owen

Ill bet my xp can take a hit from your tank. My insurance will cover my sled than ill get yur truck and yur house. The humane society will come and take your dog cause im not picking up dog schmidt. Does your wife have anything against oarail sex? :face-icon-small-shoIf so sheeze out too.

afternoon drunk post. Some say im bad. hahaha.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
You might want to change the point of this.

But the point is Poo and Cat will wreck A-arms without totaling the whole sled. Now that will tick some XP owners off. It sure would me if I had one. I actually like XPs. But after seeing what happened to the two I ride with, I had to post this.

And by the way I can't defend my Proclimb. I havn't had it long enough to see. It's heavy, I only hope there is some benefit to that. I have had no belt issues and havn't got a spare yet. It feels like a chubby XP to me.

As you can see I'm not the one who is sensitive.

Owen

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
If you don't have ins and you hit someone on the hill and found it was your fault or negligence, grief could be coming your way. There insurance company will be looking to get reimbursed in anyway they see fit. Collection,lien,ect. There are a lot of sue happy peeps out there.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
I got stuck going downhill yesterday on my XP it was so deep and I was trying to get through these small trees, thought I could fit through but right ski tagged the sucker square stopped sled in it's tracks nearly went over bars. Ski tip almost pointing backwards. Didn't look good but after a little clearcut work sled popped out...no damage. I was pretty impressed, actually hit pretty hard. And I have insurance on both XPs, full coverage and it's very inexpensive.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
That's good to here. You were lucky.

I think I was a bit obtuse on my question. I know we should all insure our sleds. What I meant was from a insurance company standpoint. It shouldn't cause so much damage to smack a tree with only a ski. Totaled? That's a bit hard to take.

Owen

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I dont know of a sled that hits something and can come out unscathed. The nice thing about the XP chassis is its all modular so almost anything can be unbolted and replaced....not replacing the whole bulkhead like an m chassis. Looks like poo and cat have also moved in that direction.
To "total" any sled doesnt take much at $100/hr dealer labor and sleds that lose half their value in 2-3 years. Really has little to do with the cost of replacing parts or the amount of damage.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Oh yea, and its tough for a cat to hit anything on a tow rope or with a blown belt....every new cat ive come across this year has had one or both of those issues.:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features