• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ProClimb Jackshaft update coming from Arctic Cat

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Just FYI. Arctic Cat is recalling or updating all 2012 800 Procross and Proclimb sleds with a new jackshaft update kit. This kit will update existing jackshafts with the appropriate shims behind the top drive gear. Please consult your local dealer for more information.

Last edited:
A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
So any shim behind the jackshaft nut would essentially pull the jackshaft closer to the chain case side????

Making our clutch alignment bar when dead on sit on the sheave as far as there shim kit is.

Am i thinking right?

So im thinkig shimming out the secondary farther might make it truly aligned right now?

Or am i thinking completely wrong?

-Aksnopro

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Anyone have a parts breakdown of the assembly, I would assume there is already something behind the jackshaft gear and they are replacing it with something else.

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Anyone have a parts breakdown of the assembly, I would assume there is already something behind the jackshaft gear and they are replacing it with something else.

Will this help?

25s3p14.gif

http://www.kenssportspolarisparts.c...AIN_CASE_ASSEMBLY/S2012XFHSPUSB/S2012XFHSPUSG

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Eric

What will this solve if anything"

It should solve the jackshaft "wandering". It will also keep the castle nut tight because it will have pressure from the gear. It will also displace chaincase volume.

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Yah so this should keep the lock nut tight thats great...so how about crediting me for all the f'd up belts since this is admiting there was a problem? And how does this solve the poorly cast secondaries and suspect belts?

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Yes he was! So is the gear tightening down onto the snapring? Or just floating back and forth and self ctr'ing with the lower sprocket? Now they can just get rid of the snapring all together add another washer or two and dial in the sprocket alignment as needed for those that are anal? Mike

Last edited:

jr_ddix

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Hopefully this is only the first of many updates to come to resolve this issue as I don't think this will resolve the belt issues

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
So any shim behind the jackshaft nut would essentially pull the jackshaft closer to the chain case side????

Making our clutch alignment bar when dead on sit on the sheave as far as there shim kit is.

Am i thinking right?

So im thinkig shimming out the secondary farther might make it truly aligned right now?

Or am i thinking completely wrong?

-Aksnopro

Because the secondary shaft seats on the bearing in the TCL where the shims go I dont think moving the jackshaft will change your alignment.

Does this update really even move the jackshaft? Sounds like you only need to move the shaft if there is less than 4.5mm gap. So really it doesnt change alignment of gears in chain case or clutch alignment right? All they are saying is the driven pully comes out of alignment if the jackshaft nut is loose so here is a collar to keep it properly torqued....not the answer i was looking for!

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Yeah, this is just there answer to the jackshaft nut loosening itself, which they probably think is everyones belt issue because all dealers can only get there customers belts if they "find something wrong" so dealers now have a way to give customers one belt, instaling this kit and sayin theres was loose weather it was or wasnt.

Well cat fixed an issue we snowesters knew about 4 months ago. Now lets see how long it takes them to realize and accept that theres a belt issue even if that nut is tight!

-Aksnopro

Premium Features