• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stuck throttle

S

sw Pub

Nov 26, 1999
I have had my ProClimb M8 throttle stick wide open on me several times ... not a good feeling in the trees. Anyway, the first time I noticed the throttle cable had some play in it so I adjusted that out. But it still happens.

What should I be checking for now?

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Yeah machine should die if throttle sticks!

Could be moisture freezing in your cable.

First thing i would look for is frayed cables as it enters the sleeve.

My cable was too tight when i got it tripping the safty switch and bogging i loosened it up and all is good now.

Check how they route the cables if you ziptie them to the steering post it creates too tight of a turn for the cable.

-Aksnopro

S

sw Pub

Nov 26, 1999
Thanks.

I will look for any freyed cable. I put it in my shop for the weekend to try to dry any moisture that could have been freezing. The trouble is I can't duplicate the problem in my shop as to isolate the source. The throttle only wants to stick when you are in a situation where you really don't want to be distracted by slamming into trees at full throttle.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I had my throttle cable stick on my '07 M8. Turned out it melted and stuck when cool and then freed up. Then I needed to adjust the throttle cable (kinda like the OP). Happened over and over until I figured it out. Lucky the TORS worked.

So this year when setting up the sled, I heat taped my throttle cable and fuel line where they came too close to the pipe for me. I didn't want "deja vu".
Something to check?

In '07 I was told to keep the snow off my hood LOL. In '08 they came with heat shield and a wrap.

Last edited:
R
Jan 25, 2009
don't forget they need freeplay. it should have been set up if u payed for PDI

Lots of things should be done if you pay for PDI but aren't, someone in our group got theirs with no chain case oil in it and a front shock bolt with the nut finger tight, oh also not a check mark on the PDI sheet that came with it. NICE.

Premium Features