• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

peak track clutching advice

I
Nov 26, 2007
I switched from the 5.1 to a peak and saw no RPM change. I'd look into your clutches to make sure everything working properly before chasing RPM with weight changes/etc

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Did you run the 7 tooth drivers?

You may have lost RPM's because of clearance issues and the fact that that track moves GOBS of snow.

What kind of snow are you in? (wet/heavy, dry/fluffy)??

I've been in different conditions, on the same sled... Coastal snow (wet/heavy) and Utah "blower" pow (dry/fluffy).... Same elevations... The coastal snow sapped the power... IMO, strongly, The PRO RMK does not have enough clearance to run an 8 tooth driver AND a 2.5" Track that can really move the snow like a Peaks track.

Light snow does not seem to have this effect.

IMO... on the PRO... this is true of ALL the 2.5" lug tracks. The will "bolt on" but would improve from having a bit more clearance.

Have a look at Skadis build thread
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275886

10-02-118.jpg

10-02-1133.jpg

Last edited:
A
oil cap issues

My oil cap crossthreads no matter what i try, it sems to be the oil resevoir and not hte cap as I have tried another cap and it does the same thing but my cap works fine on another resevoir. Cant see anything wrong with the threads at all..........HELP!

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
Peak track

I have the 2012 assault.
Totally stock except peak track upgrade. Only 2 rides so far but saw 8150 both rides. Super dry snow here in wyoming...

Premium Features