• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cheap and easy Belt holder for Proclimb

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Found these little velcro straps at Ace hardware for $4.99

There are two, so for the first one you want to curl up the belt and velcro it.

Then I put the other strap through the vents in the footwell and then fastened it in, pushing down on the belt so it would hold firm.

Seems to work really well sitting in the garage anyway......

I was going to scrap the whole belt holder thing completely. I had a great idea! With the side panels off, I was looking around for a spot. I thought I had found it. ON TOP OF THE BELT GUARD! I thought I was a genious until I went to put my side panel back on and the air funnels from the side panel were in the way.

The last two pictures are of my fabulous seat bolt thingy. The end of the bolt where you grab is off an old Unisys check sorter/scanner. If you want one just like it, you will have to buy a $125,000 check sorter for that one piece:face-icon-small-win

We were scrapping one at our shop and I saw it on a table and thought this might be a good grab knob for that seat bolt......

IMAG0137.jpg IMAG0138.jpg IMAG0139.jpg IMAG0140.jpg IMAG0144.jpg IMAG0145.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
That will work thanks bud!:face-icon-small-hap

Hey get me a UPC # on that Velcro Package

Boy, you are one lazy SOB.........

Its at ACE!, you have an Ace in Cloquet, I have seen it

Plus, I threw the package away when I was satisfied that it would work great......

By the way for those of you going to use this idea,,,,,,,,,,,, it is now known as the "Jeff C fabulous belt holder mod":face-icon-small-hap

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Geeeeeeeez wake up on the worng side of the bed. I have told you before I don't have alot of un-allotted time in my day. Unlike You I am held accountable for my time. :face-icon-small-win

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Let the three of us meet in Hinckley...

for a group photo of our new Proclimbs with our wheel kits installed. My sli wheels should be here soon.

Owen

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I used a similar Velcro strap once to hold a snow bunjie to my sled. I wound up buying a new snowbunjie...just sayin make sure its actually holding tight after a while...

Aux670

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have another idea for you three stooges if the velcro does not hold up. I have a dozen or so straps that were once used to hold 100lb batteries in trays. They have a quick adjust plastic buckle on them, and would definitely hold your belt steady. I can give a few to the old guy, I mean Owen, and let you guys try them out if you wish.

By the way Jeff, am I the only one who thinks that button extension is going to look pretty silly sticking out of your backside while sitting on the sled??

Aux

J

jdm1985

May 13, 2009
Ambrose ND
I am just thinking about putting it under the seat on my 800 and putting a small screw driver in my back pack to get the seat off. On other spot I found that might work is with the brake side panel off you can collapse the belt and push it up into the hood where the vent is then I thought about riveting some Velcro to the air box to hold it up away from the exhaust. I will try to get some pics up of my thoughts. You would need a couple Velcro straps to hold it together tight then one to hold it up to the air box. Just an idea. Don't mean to hijack the thread

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Hilly just gets someone else to carry it.

I had to carry his tools ar Revy. I guess he's born to climb.

Owen .............Terry , need any gas yet?

Aux670

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
What part is harsh Hilly? Calling you three characters "stooges", calling Owen "old", or thinking that bolt setup Jeff has is going to look silly????? Owen IS old.......

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
I am just thinking about putting it under the seat on my 800 and putting a small screw driver in my back pack to get the seat off. On other spot I found that might work is with the brake side panel off you can collapse the belt and push it up into the hood where the vent is then I thought about riveting some Velcro to the air box to hold it up away from the exhaust. I will try to get some pics up of my thoughts. You would need a couple Velcro straps to hold it together tight then one to hold it up to the air box. Just an idea. Don't mean to hijack the thread

Screw the screwdiver in your pocket. Do this.

Belt1.jpg

CAT4.jpg

CAT3.jpg

Premium Features