• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Starting to see how it feels....

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I am now starting to know how polaris 900 owners felt, except not to that extent. Cat you really dropped the ball on these sleds, All these idiotic issues caused by laziness, lack of testing, some window lickers in the production lines, poor design, and a few dealers not doing their jobs. Im going on my first ride in Walden, Co this weekend and I'm not worried if, I'm worried about which of the pro climb issues is going to show up on my sled. This should not be a problem on $12k sled! I am a die hard cat fan and can't believe I'm admitting this, but I think i should have bought a pro :face-icon-small-dis

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I shouldn't bother but, ride the dam thing first then b1tch. (and you should be b1tched slapped for the 900 comparison). 3 guys have a problem and OMG the world is going to end, really, just go get on the space ship already.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I am now starting to know how polaris 900 owners felt, except not to that extent. Cat you really dropped the ball on these sleds, All these idiotic issues caused by laziness, lack of testing, some window lickers in the production lines, poor design, and a few dealers not doing their jobs. Im going on my first ride in Walden, Co this weekend and I'm not worried if, I'm worried about which of the pro climb issues is going to show up on my sled. This should not be a problem on $12k sled! I am a die hard cat fan and can't believe I'm admitting this, but I think i should have bought a pro :face-icon-small-dis

So you haven't even ridden it, your just going by internet rumors ...hmm

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I shouldn't bother but, ride the dam thing first then b1tch. (and you should be b1tched slapped for the 900 comparison). 3 guys have a problem and OMG the world is going to end, really, just go get on the space ship already.

Ahhhh, you are the one redoing the whole sled because everything is not right and you are getting on his case. I think everyone should ride these sleds for a while before trying to change everything on the sled. Maybe we just need to learn how to ride the sled a little different to make it work instead of changing the whole sled to the way you think it should work.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I rode near walden on sat... don't worry about the sled, there's not enough snow to run into problems with the sled!!!

Bring spare A arms!!! (if you think I'm joking... you'll understand when you get here:face-icon-small-dis)

Been ripping the 12 around for 6 or so weekends now, and have yet to have anything real to complain about. Crappy fuel gauge, poor setup (easily fixed), but a sled that floats like a dream, handles great, and runs VERY well.

I'm not saying the issues aren't real, but you know darn well that they get blown WAY out of proportion online.

Make sure you've got oil in the line, come out here & have fun breaking A arms & denting your bulkhead!!

Shoot me a PM once you get here man, might be able to swing up there next weekend. Got a buddy with a ranch up that way. It's a cool area, but it's WAY lacking in snow.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Sorry guys i should have been a bit more specific. Yes the internet rumors do bother me, the loose jackshaft and air bubbles and all that, but I've already found things wrong on my sled. The lower intake frogzskins peeling from the factory, almost no chaincase oil oil in the sled, loose nut on the clutch fan, my bumper creaks loudly when i pick up on it, putting gas in the little filler neck thats too close to the steering post with a 5 gallon pos new epa friendly gas jug is a 2 man job, and pouring oil in is fun too... I knew i was going to get flamed for this post, but about everyone else is b1tchin so i thought it was my turn :face-icon-small-win.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Yep, classic snowest! 10 or 20 sleds have some problems and the thousands of others must have them too. I've got a bridge for sale if the OP wants to buy it. No issues, I swear! Lol

I know lots of guys with the new chassis that have had Zero issues. Mind boggling, I know! To be honest, with that kind of attitude and starting a BS thread like this, I'm kinda hoping something does go wrong for ya.

Bring a rope......

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Ahhhh, you are the one redoing the whole sled because everything is not right and you are getting on his case. I think everyone should ride these sleds for a while before trying to change everything on the sled. Maybe we just need to learn how to ride the sled a little different to make it work instead of changing the whole sled to the way you think it should work.

Thats like saying I should have just bought a xp, cause it kinda handles like one, but way better. Or I could buy a pro and pull the motor and start there. Yeah I have complaints but I would be doing mods to any sled, its just me b1tching because I can. At the end of the day I still choose the cat because its the best and I can make it better, as a starting point its great. just needs some tweaks to make it by far the best. I don't need to ride and get used to it, thats like saying theres no reason for new models, I rode one and within 20 miles I new what it needed and still rode it for 20 more trying to make it work. But my changes are not problems, just mods

Sorry guys i should have been a bit more specific. Yes the internet rumors do bother me, the loose jackshaft and air bubbles and all that, but I've already found things wrong on my sled. The lower intake frogzskins peeling from the factory, almost no chaincase oil oil in the sled, loose nut on the clutch fan, my bumper creaks loudly when i pick up on it, putting gas in the little filler neck thats too close to the steering post with a 5 gallon pos new epa friendly gas jug is a 2 man job, and pouring oil in is fun too... I knew i was going to get flamed for this post, but about everyone else is b1tchin so i thought it was my turn :face-icon-small-win.

Thats why I paid a little more and went with a really good dealer.

Did you click the wrong button dave

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I rode near walden on sat... don't worry about the sled, there's not enough snow to run into problems with the sled!!!

Bring spare A arms!!! (if you think I'm joking... you'll understand when you get here:face-icon-small-dis)

Been ripping the 12 around for 6 or so weekends now, and have yet to have anything real to complain about. Crappy fuel gauge, poor setup (easily fixed), but a sled that floats like a dream, handles great, and runs VERY well.

I'm not saying the issues aren't real, but you know darn well that they get blown WAY out of proportion online. Very true, I'm worrying way too much about them

Make sure you've got oil in the line, come out here & have fun breaking A arms & denting your bulkhead!!

Shoot me a PM once you get here man, might be able to swing up there next weekend. Got a buddy with a ranch up that way. It's a cool area, but it's WAY lacking in snow.
Will do!

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Thats like saying I should have just bought a xp, cause it kinda handles like one, but way better. Or I could buy a pro and pull the motor and start there. Yeah I have complaints but I would be doing mods to any sled, its just me b1tching because I can. At the end of the day I still choose the cat because its the best and I can make it better, as a starting point its great. just needs some tweaks to make it by far the best. I don't need to ride and get used to it, thats like saying theres no reason for new models, I rode one and within 20 miles I new what it needed and still rode it for 20 more trying to make it work. But my changes are not problems, just mods

Thats why I paid a little more and went with a really good dealer.

Did you click the wrong button dave

I thought I went to a really good dealer. Ive bought all of my new cat vehicles from Country Cat and they have got the dealer of the year award 2 of the last 3 years along with many other awards, but turns out they had some 17 year old that was too busy picking his *** than to set my sled up right. Then when i called about the issues Dan in service didn't know how this could possibly be true and wasn't too quick to believe me. Thankfully Travis is a hell of a guy and made everything right. Shouldn't have had to do that though, i think i will be ordering from a dealer that knows what they're doing next time and sets the sled up properly. Be a good excuse for a road trip out west.

T
Dec 25, 2007
I have to add this one in:

The guys that state that "things on this site are WAY out of proportion" are the same ones stating in every post that the poo pro has an unreliable motor? Um, based on things you heard, or say, read on this site. Come on...seriously.

:loco:

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Neither case seems to be something that should keep someone who wants either sled away from them. There is not significant EVIDENCE. Or at least according to the arguments being made here...:face-icon-small-hap

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I have nothing to go off of except for the current internet rumbles, and even I'm thinking about buying a new and improved 2013 cat 4 stroke turbo. Heck, I haven't even put my new pro on the snow.

You guys sell your 12's and take the $2500 hit before you put them on the snow,
Cut 1" off the width, (Ya, that's gonna get her right)

Hack up the front susp, (uhm, there will be an aftermarket kit in 2 weeks, and the 2013 will be new and improved)

Get er done, snows coming.

I'll be the guy riding by waving!!:clock:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I thought I went to a really good dealer. Ive bought all of my new cat vehicles from Country Cat and they have got the dealer of the year award 2 of the last 3 years along with many other awards, but turns out they had some 17 year old that was too busy picking his *** than to set my sled up right. Then when i called about the issues Dan in service didn't know how this could possibly be true and wasn't too quick to believe me. Thankfully Travis is a hell of a guy and made everything right. Shouldn't have had to do that though, i think i will be ordering from a dealer that knows what they're doing next time and sets the sled up properly. Be a good excuse for a road trip out west.

They got that award because they bought up every left over sled at rock bottom prices and dumped them on flatlanders. He was making 3 grand on left over M 1000, pat your self on the back if you bought any left overs from him.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose

The guys that state that "things on this site are WAY out of proportion" are the same ones stating in every post that the poo pro has an unreliable motor? Um, based on things you heard, or say, read on this site. Come on...seriously.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Neither case seems to be something that should keep someone who wants either sled away from them. There is not significant EVIDENCE. Or at least according to the arguments being made here...:face-icon-small-hap

I have towed them home....

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

I don't hang out i the poo forum & SURE AS HECK don't go by what I see on the CAT forum about poos:lie:... I'm going by what I SEE, with my own eyes.

I ride 60-70 day a year and I ride with new people all the time. I'm not a "I've got my crew of 5 that I ride with" kinda guy so I see a LOT of different setups & I know personally the sleds I talk about.

I also personally know 2 people that have blown the new cat, and I'll gladly let people know about that as well.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
(and you should be b1tched slapped for the 900 comparison). QUOTE]

Yes he should be. The 900's didn't have near as many issues as the new cats.
J/K boys. LOL !!

I think that one deserves a kick in the nuts! That was a complete joke though, only Polaris could manage to make a sled that pathetic :face-icon-small-hap

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Come ride, and you'll forget about the "issues"

I'm serious about the A arms though. (or call Alpine in Kremmling, or Power world in granby to see if they've got any in stock)

When you break something it's gonna suck to not have spares.(and you can't have ours!!!):bolt:

Premium Features