• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cats can fly!!!

P

powpounder

Feb 19, 2008
Alberta
I don't know much other than it had only 20kms on it and it had something to do with the electrical system on it, and rumor is that the owner was a first time sled owner, which would suck for him!!! I was told this by a local from Revy.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yeah, I was thinking 20kms would be a few hours and a few sleds and have him home. Don't know, he may have been in a nasty hole too.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
No doubt and if he was a first time sled owner....how bad of a hole would he really be in? I'll bet 6 beers his truck has no front licence plate!

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
There are lots of places on boulder that you need a chopper, this was not one of them. And with the current snow conditions you could pull from most of the mountain.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
How much does it cost now-a-days?

It's been a long time since I've been there. It was only $200. then.

Owen

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I flew one out a couple years back and it was 700 on a back haul from dropping skiers off. We were back by turbo and there was 4-5 feet of fresh, we had a hard enough time just doubling out let alone pulling.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Yeah, it shouldnt have been a tough pull out from where they were? If its the spot Im thinking. And not a whole bunch of snow.

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
There are lots of places on boulder that you need a chopper, this was not one of them. And with the current snow conditions you could pull from most of the mountain.

Yes, but how long would it take to get a D8 cat in there to pull it out? Id bet the chopper was cheaper.

P

powpounder

Feb 19, 2008
Alberta
ya I was surprised to see that a heli ride was needed from where it was lifted out of. It was in the open meadows before the superbowl on the left side, not sayin it would have been easy but one could have brought it around by the tower and out through Shades Lane. Mostly down hill from there. I think the lift was around $600.00 :face-icon-small-sho

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Let's see, we have Canadians and Alaskans familiar with chopper rides out, and Minnesotans and Coloradians wondering why. We've got a BCer thinkin' it's an Albertan and so on.

All I can say is that he's not from Alberta because we just leave our sleds if they get stuck and buy new ones. Must have been a BCer who was beachcombing the alpine and found one of our leftovers. Usually have to look for booby traps the BCers put out. That's the only reason we get stuck.:face-icon-small-ton

K

Kibbels

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer, AB
Let's see, we have Canadians and Alaskans familiar with chopper rides out, and Minnesotans and Coloradians wondering why. We've got a BCer thinkin' it's an Albertan and so on.

All I can say is that he's not from Alberta because we just leave our sleds if they get stuck and buy new ones. Must have been a BCer who was beachcombing the alpine and found one of our leftovers. Usually have to look for booby traps the BCers put out. That's the only reason we get stuck.:face-icon-small-ton

You must be from a different Alberta... I for one have been heli saved... I've seen all brands get a lift out... Yamaha, Polaris, Cat or Ski-doo.... The way I see it if no one is hurt then all is good.

Premium Features