• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whining about weight

S
Nov 29, 2008
Falkland BC
I don't get all the bashers out there , whining about the weight of an 1100 Turbo , on paper they have a curb weight of 663 lbs , sounds like a lot , I don't feel it , it handles , accelerates and brakes better than any of my 900/1000 T-Cats mods ever did , the suspension is flawless imo, clutching is even fairly close .

These sleds aren't for everybody , if you are worried that the sled is too heavy to dig out when you get stuck , or worried that you can't ride through some tight areas , then don't buy one , this obviously is not the sled for you , but it fits me perfect and i'm going to ride the s#$t out of it !!!!!:boxing:

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I don't get all the bashers out there , whining about the weight of an 1100 Turbo , on paper they have a curb weight of 663 lbs , sounds like a lot , I don't feel it , it handles , accelerates and brakes better than any of my 900/1000 T-Cats mods ever did , the suspension is flawless imo, clutching is even fairly close .

These sleds aren't for everybody , if you are worried that the sled is too heavy to dig out when you get stuck , or worried that you can't ride through some tight areas , then don't buy one , this obviously is not the sled for you , but it fits me perfect and i'm going to ride the s#$t out of it !!!!!:boxing:

I have a 09 hcr sitting right next to mine and it feel a bit lighter but not a ton. . . I know that im in the garage. . . But I don't have snow so thats all I can compare. . . I am not worried about the weight. . .

Nickname

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Sweden

Yes, and the ones whining the most don't even have one.:violin:

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
Yes, and the ones whining the most don't even have one.:violin:
Or will ever buy one. If you buy one and complain than you are stupid for buying it. Point is; my money and I will drive what I want. I do not ask any one what there wife or girlfriend weighs. I am sick of reading through these pointless weight threads.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It is an AWESOME sled. I agree that the sad part of this forum is that the people bashing them have not ridden one and don't own one. In this snowest world you ask a guy what the best sled in the world is and he'll tell you whatever is on his trailer.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
In this snowest world you ask a guy what the best sled in the world is and he'll tell you whatever is on his trailer.

What? That is COMPLETELY inaccurate & personally I feel that you're way off base in saying that, I'm offended...

... The best sled in world is on my SLED DECK... trailers are for panzies that ride big heavy 4 strokes!!!:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

:spit::spit:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Oh, I don't ride a four stroke I was just posting for my friend. He doesn't know how to type and has a lazy eye so I just post stuff on the forums on his behalf. I actually ride a Xtral Lite Triple with Xtra Lite rear suspension and NOBODY messes with me in my group (my dad, uncle, and his aunt).

T
Mar 12, 2011
Its weighs less (slightly and fully outfitted at stock) than my old '04 900KK, and has better rider position, better brakes, added e-start, added reverse, better fuel mileage, and all around better tech. The KK's were highly thought of and that's only 8 model years ago. And try turning a KK up to 260HP on pump gas for less than $1500 and ride it without worry of blowing up for seasons on end.

Haters will hate.

Last edited:
S

seth25

Jan 9, 2008
Sedalia, CO
Same with the 800. Dudes complaining about weight and ski stance. Say it's too heavy and too wide. Ride the damn thing first!!!

Rode my 800 for the first time yesterday. Handles and lays over great. No need for the narrow front end kit.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
What? That is COMPLETELY inaccurate & personally I feel that you're way off base in saying that, I'm offended...

... The best sled in world is on my SLED DECK... trailers are for panzies that ride big heavy 4 strokes!!!:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

:spit::spit:

Which make of two stroke truck do you use to haul that deck?:face-icon-small-ton

P
Mar 9, 2009
I really have to say this sled is awesome, Ive been out on it twice now and it has met and exceeded my expectations, hats off to cat!! second day out I was already going through tight technical tree riding with sidehills and what not to break trail into some of out rididng areas, and then continued to play on hills and was able to do down hill power turns and go back up the hill! what a fun sled, Im not looking back!

T
Oct 15, 2008
Kamloops BC Canada
I rode my pc8 162 for the 4th time yesterday. Im in love. I do have a m1100t sp 162 comming soon and I can hardly wait. My buddy has a turbo and has been kind enough to let me get my turbo fix for a few km each week. I had ordered 2 800s and demoed a turbo. I can not believe how well that sled handles. I canceled one of the 800s and ordered a turbo. Anyone who has not ridden one of these sleds should not comment as Cat has done a great job with setup..

C

catweasel

Feb 20, 2010
Jackson, WY
www.jacksonholeargo.com
Good to finally see a positive fricking thread about the worlds first production turbo mountain sled. I remember in 2007the when I got my M1000 everyone else got M8's. Everyone said it would be a pig. I loved it and could ride the trees as well as anyone on an M8. On the hill, nothing would touch it. As soon as I saw the M1100t, I ordered one. I knew it would be heavy, but Cat usually does a good job balancing their sleds. Rock on M1100t!

P

promod631

Nov 26, 2007
Alberta,Canada
Yup I have a lot off Complaints with my HCR turbo. Really missed pulling my *** off trying to start it. Had To just turn key, after eighty miles had to stop while the others poured there fuel in I started to get cold.really missed all the viberation that I used to have all day long.[this one is way to smooth] Maybe after a few rides I will get used to it..yup guess I will just have to put up with it. Thanks Cat this sled is perfect for me.... Ya Hoo

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Or will ever buy one. If you buy one and complain than you are stupid for buying it. Point is; my money and I will drive what I want. I do not ask any one what there wife or girlfriend weighs. I am sick of reading through these pointless weight threads.

I am sure they didn't realize you are sleeping with your sled.:kev:

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Well, I'm glad you needed a thread to point out how weight no longer matters, and you even have a few reasons to validate your purchase. While its probably irking you that people are bashing your sled, its equally annoying seeing threads like this saying "blah blah blah I bought this sled and its great because I like it so back off blah blah blah" I mean at least post pictures or something so the thread has at least a little value.

And I'm sure my rep will take some heat cuz its obvious I prefer polaris, but when I come to the cat section I want to see pictures, and comparisons between A/C and other brands from the a/c perspective(still looking for that elusive 2012 cat v 2012 polaris video. Have yet to find on either the cat or polaris forum) and I'm sure cat people feel the same way about stupid threads getting in the way of useful and inciteful ones.

Last edited:
T
Dec 25, 2007
oh but there is a video in the poo section! Fairly conclusive it has been said...2012 vs 2012. haha, I think it is amusing anyway.

It is on two threads for those that care to look...

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
I wish it weighed more to slow this thing down. Im in love with the 1100T and couldnt give a $hit less about what it weighs. I have said it before and say it again. THIS SLED IS NOT FOR EVERYONE!!! But it is for me. I have both m1100t and M8 and soon will have a Pro RMK for customer support and testing reasons. I have a few hundred miles on each of these sleds. My choice will be (when Im riding for me) the 1100T. Weight DOES matter and most on this thread are not debating that. I am certainly not over in the poo section saying how weight DOESN'T MATTER. If you cant MAN UP and ride the M1100t then dont buy one.

Last edited:
Premium Features