• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Holy frickin Proclimb buying frenzy!

psychosledder73

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Fernie BC
Local dealer couldn't even get a dealer transfer sled to sell me one. So I had
to go elsewhere. Not the first either that I heard about.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Our dealer has sold more sleds this year then ever before. Hes been dealing AC for at least 20 years.

D
Nov 27, 2007
Must be harder to get sled in Canada than in the states all the dealers in my area have tons of sled left in each brand. Ton of sleds on ebay to if any one looking?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
My dealer has a few sp 162's left, and free agent can still drop ship them to ya, for cheap. In fact $400 cheaper shipped to my door. But I would rather pay the little extra and have a good dealer close by. Maybe I can get it down another $100 but with some of the issues where seeing I know I can trust my dealer, always had the best running sleds around.

G

gjp

Oct 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
A lot of dealers in Canada had stock taken back by Arctic Cat. As much as 30% I am told. Most were 1100t though. I got my hands on the last available M800 162 from my dealer. Good luck!

psychosledder73

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Fernie BC
That sucks I'm pickin up my 162 SP tomorrow yay. was thinkin about a turbo
but none left. So instead I'm gonna pushturbo the 8 fack the warranty

H
Dec 12, 2009
Buying frenzy or AC planned very poorly?

Based on the availability of T1100 to buyers that snow checked sleds, I would lean toward poor planning.

But hey don't sweat it, sleds always turn out better when people are in a hurry to get them put together.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Buying frenzy or AC planned very poorly?

Based on the availability of T1100 to buyers that snow checked sleds, I would lean toward poor planning.

But hey don't sweat it, sleds always turn out better when people are in a hurry to get them put together.

Or Arctic Cat could not get Suzuki to make enough, fast enough because of the electricity restrictions (Directly caused by the Tsunami disaster) that the plant has on it, thereby reducing the output of those said factories to make the production run for Arctic Cat 1100 sleds

Them are the facts folks...........

H
Dec 12, 2009
Or Arctic Cat could not get Suzuki to make enough, fast enough because of the electricity restrictions (Directly caused by the Tsunami disaster) that the plant has on it, thereby reducing the output of those said factories to make the production run for Arctic Cat 1100 sleds

Them are the facts folks...........

Not controlling your parts sourcing, or having a back up plan is also a sign of lack of planning. In either case Arctic Cat was late to market with production ready sleds for demo, and they have and continue to be behind in delivery of pre-sold sleds.

P.S. I love how sensitive some of the people in this part of the forum, whats even funnier is that you actually took the time to leave bad feedback.

Last edited:
I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Not controlling your parts sourcing, or having a back up plan is also a sign of lack of planning. In either case Arctic Cat was late to market with production ready sleds for demo, and they have and continue to be behind in delivery of pre-sold sleds.

P.S. I love how sensitive some of the people in this part of the forum, whats even funnier is that you actually took the time to leave bad feedback.

I feel guilty for feeling this way since other people still haven't gotten their sleds, but now that I have my sled in my garage, I don't care anymore about the turbo shortage.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada

P.S. I love how sensitive some of the people in this part of the forum, whats even funnier is that you actually took the tie to leave bad feedback.

Nope not sensitive, just sick of reading post after post of dicks who have nothing better to do then bitch and come into the AC section just to bash. Saying that AC planed poorly b/c there was a huge disaster that crippled a whole country is so retarded that I felt it need some negative feed back.

I am currently waiting on a new truck B/C dodge cannot deliver the color I want due to the disaster in Japan. Chev and Ford have also had paint problems. I guess they are just poor planners as well.

Cat must be doing something right cause they are having one of their best sale seasons ever here in Canada.

Last edited:
H
Dec 12, 2009
Nope not sensitive, just sick of reading post after post of dicks who have nothing better to do then bitch and come into the AC section just to bash. Saying that AC planed poorly b/c there was a huge disaster that crippled a whole country is so retarded that I felt it need some negative feed back.

I am currently waiting on a new truck B/C dodge cannot deliver the color I want due to the disaster in Japan. Chev and Ford have also had paint problems. I guess they are just poor planners as well.

Cat must be doing something right cause they are having one of their best sale seasons ever here in Canada.

You've got a sandy clam for some reason, I spent most if not all of my time on this side of the thread until I finally got sick of feeling I was being jerked around by AC and bought a poo.

I'm not here to stir **** on this side of the forum, I just saw this obviously wrong thread and tried to come over here and keep it from getting even more ignorant than it already was.

I could walk into any UT dealer and get one tomorrow, that's not a buying frenzy. If anything its a product shortage as result of manufacturing problems,not as a result of high demand.

I'm saying that from the very start of this flop AC screwed it up every chance they got. The launch was late, the sleds they had on display the year prior were cobbled together, no demos available and THEN the natural disaster that screwed everyone.

So just in case you missed it the first time and third times, the Tsunami wasn't the cause of AC's problems it only compounded it.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
You've got a sandy clam for some reason, I spent most if not all of my time on this side of the thread until I finally got sick of feeling I was being jerked around by AC.
I'm saying that from the very start of this flop AC screwed it up every chance they got. The launch was late, the sleds they had on display the year prior were cobbled together, no demos available and THEN the natural disaster that screwed everyone.

So just in case you missed it the first time and third times, the Tsunami wasn't the cause of AC's problems it only compounded it.

Are you a product planner for Cat or how can you state such claims so definitively? Maybe spring orders were exceptionally high, not sure how display model quality directly relates to sled availability, and even if everything was going awry, I'm not aware of any company that would have a disaster recovery plan that would have accounted for a tsunami. Nuclear plants, auto companies and the entire country couldn't cope. And you expect that Suzuki and Cat should have? Your expectations are unrealistically high or you're uninformed.

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
There is rod shortage for the oil wells as well because of what happened in Japan. Poor planning I guess. It is Tuxedo black you can not get for the Ford vehicles. The wife had to get the gloss black for the new Explorer. That was poor planning as well. Just some haters that would never buy a Cat anyway.

Last edited:
H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
You guys are funny. Some are complaining their Cats are late and others complaining about not enough.
They can't build them any faster or in larger numbers and get them to you before winter.
It is what it is. Cat plays it low key and is a profitable company. Live with it.
I don't even think there was an engine shortage. They are gettin all they asked for and all they can put in sleds before winter. There is a shortage compared to demand, but that's a good thing for them. No hold overs. Maybe next year you can get one.

Owen

Premium Features