• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whos afraid of the big bad putty cat LOL

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hapNot me!!!!My pro rocks !!!! are we men or are we mouses????? :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
They look cool.
Snows hitting the ground, and the pro has set the benchmark. It's cat's game to win or lose. I heard the 162 m8 was near 600# ready to ride.

T

theletup

Jan 3, 2011
Coeur d'Alene, ID
they look rad from the back. goofy as hell from the front. the giant spindles crack me up everytime. all their marketing material just seems like pics of the back of the sled too. funny s**t.

I'd like to ride one to feel the difference from my pro.

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
they look rad from the back. goofy as hell from the front. the giant spindles crack me up everytime. all their marketing material just seems like pics of the back of the sled too. funny s**t.

I think that Cat front end looks like a John Deer tractor, and should be in a hay field and not on a mountain. :face-icon-small-ton

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
I'm a Poo Guy through and through, BUT, lots 'o friends that ride Green . . . I'm excited to see what it can do, maybe if it's a great sled I can relax and just enjoy the day instead of feeling guilty that I have such a great sled and they have to make do !!

Bring on the SNOW !!!!!!!!

SnoDawg, you been keeping up your Snow Dancing?

Bag

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
not worried at all, the poo has set a very high benchmark, and for any sled to beat it is gonna be hard..looks like the cat is gonna be a great sled.. but pretty hefty as well...them boys are gonna have to be in great shape to ride that all day everyday this winter.....

H
Dec 12, 2009
i know your going to see (or have already seen) the cat guys bragging about HP, but if you're smart enough to pay attention you should have already noticed that the poo's still have the highest HP/weight percentage on the market.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I happen to have a new pC8 in the shop as well as my pro poo and my 10 -M8 and just pulling it over on the floor the poo still pulls over the easiest but the Pro C8 is in between the poo and the M and the PC8 has the std 40 inch front, cant wait till it snows!!!!and the PC8 has a huge turning radius!! not shure Im going to like that, the M is tighter but the effort on the PC8 is wayyy lighter,,, theres just to many Pros and not enough snow!!

Last edited:

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Are you talking the M8 or the M1100T? Because the M1100T is a goin' son of a gun.

The new M8 is almost as good as the 11 M8. :)

sled_guy

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho

I have noticed that too...LOL It looks like the marketing people are listening to what the feedback has been on these massive spindles and are trying to hide how big they are/look, by shooting pix from the rear. I have seen this sled in person and they are indeed huge. Just look out of place on that sled! Not sure this is a good thing. Hope it performs WAY better than it looks though :)

Cheers!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
It will be like every year. A bunch of guys who think thier sled is the greatest, BSing about who kicked who's azz. Comes down to all three 2-stroke manufacturers are making killer sleds and the rider will have more to do with it than anything.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
my friend has a pro climb m8 162 so I will give reports on if it can hang with my "old iron" 2011 pro 163 that's stock, except for can. Looks like this weekend we'll get to do a rode ride and start breaking it in. I think the chassis will handle better than the old one, but the real test is if it will climb up on the snow like the pro.

D

druchti

Oct 23, 2009
SASQUATCH, MN
I think the pro climb will be a good sled and the motor will be tuff to beat. I still feel the rmk will handle better. but only riding it for yourself will give the honest answer.i wouldnt not be surprised if it gives us pro rmk owners a run for our money. I like a good chalange anyways . i think it should be an exciting winter.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
having been on m8's since they came out I know they work. when it was time for my new sled this year I went with a new assault. I can't help but think with my style of riding I'd be hooking a-arms and spindles all day long with the cat.

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
the groups i ride with will have a bunch of new sleds that i'm excited to try. we will have pc8, an 1100t, a few pro 800's and a few summit 800's. should be a good winter try try them all out. to be honest i'm most excited to try the turbo.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
the groups i ride with will have a bunch of new sleds that i'm excited to try. we will have pc8, an 1100t, a few pro 800's and a few summit 800's. should be a good winter try try them all out. to be honest i'm most excited to try the turbo.

Meeee tooo especially with 270HP

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
seems thier gonna be have to fix it so it can make it to the mountain;) belts blowing, motors siezing, reverse not working, chaincase problems. i was a long time ac guy and had hoped the new sled was gonna rip, still have green in my veins, but from what i've seen for tree riders they've taken a step backwards. peeps say they put out a great product but thats just because the M had been out soooooo long. people forgot what thier first year production sleds are like. always love it when i hear they've been testing them for 3 years, where on a computer simulater??? remember my 07 M nearly melting everything under the hood the first time it hit 2 feet of pow, not to mention what a pos the diamond drive was, throughly tested, i think not. if the pro had come out with half the problems the new proclimbs have already had it would have got the worst rep on the planet. looks like ac is gonna get its r&d done by its customers once again... maybe next year???

would love to ride with one of the turbos in the trees, thats as long as i don't have to dig it out and the guy riding it isn't wore out in half a day... i guess they can always ride with the yami guys;)

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
seems thier gonna be have to fix it so it can make it to the mountain;) belts blowing, motors siezing, reverse not working, chaincase problems. peeps say they put out a great product but thats just because the M had been out soooooo long people forgot what thier first year production sleds are like. always love it when i hear they've been testing them for 3 years, where on a computer simulater??? remember my 07 M nearly melting everything under the hood the first time it hit 2 feet of pow, not to mention what a pos the diamond drive was, throughly tested, i think not. if the pro had come out with half the problems the new proclimbs have already had it would have got the worst rep on the planet. looks like ac is gonna get its r&d done by its customers once again... maybe next year???

would love to ride with one of the turbos in the trees, thats as long as i don't have to dig it out and the guy riding it isn't wore out in half a day... i guess they can always ride with the yami guys;)
that was my thoughts as well..great sled in the showroom or garage..doesnt feel heavy at all..but come hang a 500 mile powder weekend ride with me at my cabin..you be 1 wore out puppy by the end of the first day..nice sled..lots of potential..but needs to loose 20-30 pds....

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
WOW hadent heard any thing about belts and chain case problems? But they seem like minor issues considering I towed an IQ dragon out ,,like what,,, 10 times Ill take the blown belt:face-icon-small-con

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
no mention of skidoos?good to see everybody has been schooled by one and knows that they are still king in the mountains.

Premium Features