• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8 vs. 1100T on the snow at last

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Had the Proclimb M8 out on oct. 10 and loved it. It snowed again last weekend and got both the M8 and the 1100T out together this afternoon. Still early season, but was able to get off trail and do some climbing on some hills we know are pretty safe. We rode trail in and had 7 miles on the 1100T and about 25 miles on the M8. The 1100T was all I had hoped it would be. It is decievingly powerful. Its so quiet and smooth it doesnt seem like you are going that fast. Its not until you ride the m8 on the same hill and realize the m8 struggles to get up what the 1100T easily walked over that you go, WOW, let me ride that 1100T again. WE traded off sleds at least a couple dozen times. The 1100T is all you would expect in a turbo sled, its very strong. The on and off throttle response was way better than i expected and the torque is amazing. So arctic cat gets an A+ on the power. Now for the down side. The horizontal steering makes it feel uncomfortable to maneuver. I'm sure Ill get used to it like I did on my ski doos, but the vert. steering is just so much better on the m8. You do notice the weight, more than I hoped you would. Not much different than a M8 vs. M1000. The 1100T is not for everyone. If you like big power, in a stock sled and a turbo with a warranty and you can give up a little maneuverability than this sled is definitely for you. Pull 30lbs off and you will really love it. Ill post video a bit later.

d8e664f7.jpg

1fffbd3e.jpg

Last edited:

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Had them both out today and could not agree more on about everything you mentioned. If someone comes out with a vertical steering kit they will sell alot. Ski doo guy,s probable not an issue. Us cat guy,s will have to adapt till then..

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Oh I am soo pumped to get my 1100T!

I got a call from Cat tonight,,,,,,,,,,,, special hotline apparently.

It was their customer service. They wanted me to break the bad news to you Hilly, they thought you could handle the news better coming from me than them....

Well, its about you production date.......

It got moved out to March 31st 2012

Sorry:face-icon-small-win

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Theres a conversion kit so you can have vert steering in the 1100t as well.

Not yet there isnt. Cat is still testing it. I doubt if we will see it this year. Ill cross my fingers though. Can hardly wait for the next storm this weekend to deepen the snow.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Not yet there isnt. Cat is still testing it. I doubt if we will see it this year. Ill cross my fingers though. Can hardly wait for the next storm this weekend to deepen the snow.

Talked to an Arctic Cat dude at the grand opening of Lakes Arctic Cat in Forest Lake Minnesota. When I mentioned it he said he knew all about the thing. He said late December is when to expect it. He also thought it was going to be adjustable, which was news to me, and I'm not sure I believe it.

J

jeffwmc54

Mar 21, 2011
yakima Wa
I also spoke to a rep from cat at the snow show in Wa, and he also confirmed that the post has been produced and soon after the sleds are delivered the post will be on the market! Hope this is true also.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
One other thing. I thought the seat heater was a totally gay idea. That was until BossRev rode it back to the truck with the heater on. In his words "priceless!"

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
looks good guys,cant wait to see how it does when its not hooking up on the dirt,hey boss thought you were going to colorado,thats not colorado:face-icon-small-win

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
One other thing. I thought the seat heater was a totally gay idea. That was until BossRev rode it back to the truck with the heater on. In his words "priceless!"

The heated seat ROCKED! I Was freezing when I found that switch.
turn it on and a few minutes later My core was warmed up. Great feature for
the ride up and back.

Premium Features