• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone ridden the new sled yet?

R
Mar 2, 2008
Kindred, ND
Hey guys I'm from the dark side (poo) I'm just wondering how the new chassis is on the snow and what you think of them. My cousin bought the 800 pro climb and I have a 800 pro rmk, just curious as to see what your opinions are after putting some real miles on them.

Happy riding this season!

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
That was me in Madmax's post in the jeans and tennis shoes with the orange helmet so YES I have ridden them. Not the protos but the production sleds. Oct. 10 2011. Conditions where not great but we accomplished what we wanted and that was get a feel for how these new sleds worked. They are everything I was expecting and more. For a new sled with about 10 miles it pulled harder than any stock sled I have ever ridden (28 years). Most know that I am Cat to the bone but this MHO and as unbiased as I can be. I have ridden the poo several times (never owned) and it is light and very good mountain chassis. It works very well in all situations. The difference I feel with my limited experience on the Pro Climb is 1st the engine. The cat 800 power is legendary on and off boost, and with proven durability. The new drive system has made a HUGE difference in power delivery. 2nd the chassis is very ridged and responds to rider input instantly. 3rd it is the smoothest suspension I have ever ridden on a mountain sled. 4th On its edge is where this sled shines and is very similar to the M series but with a much more precise feel. In a nut shell I believe (time will tell) that the cat will be everything the poo is but with more grunt and reliability. Everyone is stuck on the weight which is a very valid concern but the fact is ready to ride these sleds are NOT much different in weight. Heavier or not I believe the Pro Climb will be a better, more powerful, and reliable sled. But what do I know? :face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I think the TCL is going to be the key. . . Keeping the clutches aligned will put the power to the ground the best and this is the best way to do it. Even a ridged chassis will not keep the clutches as aligned as the TCL. This will keep the power to the ground. . . I am sure this will be the difference.

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
Thousands of miles of virtual riding has already taken place and everyone's opinions are in!

No need to ride anymore!:face-icon-small-ton

HAHA! Yes you are right. Its been beat to death here and other forums. And I will be the first to admit I have many more showroom miles than I do Actual miles :face-icon-small-ton But I have been voted "best showroom boondocker" for my efforts :becky:

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
First Ride on New Pro Climb M800

Here is a picture of my self and the grand kids on Oct 9th. Was able to get 22 miles on new sled. Had to be careful where we rode but really liked the way the new PC handled. Power was good on just short runs. RickM

Attachments

• IMG_3670.JPG
    IMG_3670.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 205
T
Mar 14, 2011
I've yet to get mine on the snow but I got into a photo studio over the weekend.

Snomobile%25252016094.jpg

Snomobile%25252016053.jpg

Snomobile%25252016126.jpg

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I posted this in another thread figure ill post it up here too...

I rode mine last weekend. Its nothing like an xp. Nothing like an m either. Rider position on the proclimb is different. Got to stand with your feet in the middle of the boards. If you ride with your feet forward like an m then you will be fighting to get it up on one ski. The bars are too tall still. Lowest position I still wanted them about 1" shorter for tech stuff. Steering is precise but turning radius isnt great. Not sure if more turning radius would help in other situations though as the spindle would move out even further causing even worse of a rutter effect in pow. Camber adjustment on the front suspension would be nice.

All in all though its a fun sled to ride and sucks up bumps great. Easy to toss around and very precise handling. Just need to get out in a little more favorable conditions to see what she can really do in the deep.

Drivetrain and power delivery feels different. My m8 with a new motor, dd lite, new primary & secondary pulled 8300 rpm max on flats with 63g weights at 10k ft. My new proclimb pulled 8190 rpm max with 65g weights. Was breaking in both sleds at the time.

No hood melting anywhere but I did indent my heat shield where it touched the hood before.

Honestly its an easier switch to jump on a pro rmk coming off an M. The proclimb is great though just takes a bit more seat time to figure out how to ride it well. The proclimb feels more powerful than a pro rmk though which is a good thing.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
HAHA! Yes you are right. Its been beat to death here and other forums. And I will be the first to admit I have many more showroom miles than I do Actual miles :face-icon-small-ton But I have been voted "best showroom boondocker" for my efforts :becky:

'Best Showroom Boondocker'! I am bowing in respect! Lol. I put my sled in a dark garage with some pine bows for the real smell, and then play engine sounds with my iPod. Spill a bit of gas on myself and let the sled run for a couple of minutes to fill the joint with two stroke smoke. Put the sled on rollers so that it moves abit under me to fake the feel too. Almost like being there! Haven't broke an a-arm or squeaked a piston this way either.

Wyo and me might vie for the best showroom highmarkers due to our height.:face-icon-small-win

Hey TeamSTE - nice pic's. Too bad about the guy spoiling the one pic!:face-icon-small-ton

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
As someone who had decided to buy a pro, and only resentfully came back to cat...

It's a solid feeling sled, predictable, smooth, feels like a mix of the M & a pro.

Even in crusty crap on top of fluff, the spindles weren't an issue, I could feel them, but I could also feel them on the M breaking through the crust.

It climbed very well, it sidehilled effortlessly & felt like I wanted it to feel overall.
Did down to uphill turns till I got it to overspin, it felt good & was very capable of getting back on top of the snow, but once I finally got it stuck... holy F'in heavy.

Only complaints:

NOSE HEAVY. Did I mention it's nose heavy? Not when riding (that much), but when stuck it as like I was dealing with a nytro.
From the same side of things...skis felt WAY too planted, even after adjusting the skid (not the limiters yet).
Bumper is a non issue... it's metal for the recycling pile, no way it should even be on the sled, I bought the cat one right off the bat... maybe not the best, but it was LIGHT!!

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
BCIL
I know you ride a 141. How does the 153 feel compared to yours? You said something earlier about length of the two.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
BCIL
I know you ride a 141. How does the 153 feel compared to yours? You said something earlier about length of the two.

from spindle to back of track it's actually SHORTER than my 141... still don't get that!

Honestly, when riding it just felt like a normal 153, didn't FEEL short. Didn't get it off the ground to see how it felt from that perspective though.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Wow... the Pro looks like it has a way more narrow skis stance.

ski center to center Polaris Pro 39 - 40- 41(just like the M series)
Arctic Cat Pro Climb 40-41, with 38 arm kit 38-39

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Wow... the Pro looks like it has a way more narrow skis stance.

I think it's an optical allusion. The width of the skid plate on the Polaris is wider so it makes the skis look closer together.

Or maybe it's because the guy can't hold his arms level and it throws off your depth perception. :)

Thunder

Premium Features