• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team Secondary Bushing

S

sykosledhead

Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WY
Does anyone know where to buy a new bushing? Mine is shot and am finding it hard to find new one. 08 D8 with stock secondary.

Anyone?

syko

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Babbitts. Although shipping will be expensive for one so why not order it through your local dealer?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Here is a breakdown picture and part numbers out of the WPS Catalog for the Team Secondary's TSS-98 and the TSS-04. Any dealer who orders from WPS which is almost everybody, can order these parts. At one time, you could order directly from Team however, they have changed their online catalog and parts like bushings and spacers (the high wear items on the TSS series driven clutches) are no longer shown. Hmmm....

Everytime I open up a TSS, I find the spacer and the moveable sheeve bushing wasted. If they go to long, the spacer ends up wearing out the spacer surface on the fixed sheeve due to bushing wear allowing the moveable shheve to kock and then it's time to chuck the whole secondary in the trash.

The part number may be hard to see in the catalog pic below but for the TSS-04 in an 08 Dragon the moveable sheeve bushing part number from WPS is 30-180130 and the spacer which always gets tattered is 30-150229.

Here is the link to the page with the pic below

http://www.wps-inc.com/wps/WICATALOG1.pgm?Task=PREV&CICID=SM&PRVCID=SM&PAGE=842&Rnd=9986000970928292

SM2012-0842.jpg

Last edited:

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Partspitstop.com All sled makes and good prices. But Chris at Carls is where I buy Poo parts. Can't beat the great service and I prefer to support good dealers when possible.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I had my clutch off and the movable sheave seemed to me to be loose on the fixed shaft (will tilt side to side about 3/16" measured at the outer edge of the sheave). So I ordered up an new bushing. The old bushing measured 2.628 and the new bushing measured 2.625. There is no measurable wear in the fixed shaft. I measured it at 2.615.

I guess I am surprised to see this much clearance and not see much difference on the old and new bushing.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Before install.

That actually isn't the correct way to measure a bushing as the inner diameter will change once a bushing is pressed in. Due to a press fit, the inner diameter gets a little smaller once installed. Regardless, you will notice (as I have on every replacement I've done) that once installed, it will be much tighter than your old bushing was with alot less wiggle, side to side play.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
So I got the new bushing pressed in this evening. I measured it 2.622.

It does have less wobble in it now, maybe half as much. I guess it was worth the $15 for a new bushing.

I am unfamiliar with this husband knot you speak of.

Premium Features